Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default Update - I Was Curious

OK, a few days ago I said I was going to make a master pattern,
along these lines, and was curious about how some of you would do it.

/////////////////////////////
*****//***************//
*****//***************//
///////***************///////

*****Not much in the way iof replies, * altho one mentioned
it being straightworward. Well not quite as straightforward as that.
***
Actually, the design is more like this.

/////////////////////////////
*****//***************//
***////***************////
***////***************////
*****//***************//
///////***************///////

*****This is for making the money box on the banks I make
taller. It'll be routed out of 1/2" plywood. The little inset is to
accomodate the router bit, and to allow the sides to sit flat. Well, I'm
on about the 5th, and final version. * Seems something was a bit off.
and that made the test boxes be a bit off, about 1/10th of an inch in
fact. Found out on the 4th test box that the router jig I ad made to
route the box base was routing the slots a bit out of line. * New,
accurate, router jig, and all is well in the galaxy. Now this final
version of the abovel pattern will used to make two masters,s one to
acapt the figures already done to the new money box size, and the other
will be adapted to new figures for future banks. Both of these masters
will be glued to a blank piece of playwood, then routed, so the final
thickness of the masters will be 1" thick. Turns out a couple of the
prototypes were a bit more fragile lthan I'd figured, and they broke. I
routed a cou-le of test pieces and it's all nicely accurate now. By the
way, the final was made by sluing pieces of plywood on to a prototype so
I could rout it to the final shape and dimensions I needed. Worked out
very slick indeed. The thick patterns are easier to rout with and
overall more accurate.

JOAT
10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President - Bumper Sticker

I do not have a problem with a woman president - except for Hillary.

I Am Curious J T Woodworking 8 February 3rd 08 07:48 PM
Just curious.... Gerry[_2_] Metalworking 23 August 17th 07 02:24 PM
CURIOUS ... .-.MINDY.-. Home Repair 0 May 22nd 07 06:44 PM
Curious enough to know? [email protected] UK diy 10 February 25th 06 12:07 PM
Curious about E-bay leonard Woodworking 9 July 27th 05 01:12 AM