Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Kobalt tools from Lowe's

I cleaned out my old tool literature and came across and old package
for some ratcheting clamps by Kobalt. It turns out that they didn't
really work - they'd pop open under pressure - so I returned them.
And then just a week ago I tried a utility saw that they make as
well. It contained a handle and three blades - hacksaw, stab saw and
a two-edged flush trimming blade. For 12 bucks I figured it'd be a
handy saw to take on installs. However, once I got the saw home I
realized that the teeth were set on opposite sides of the blade!! No
way to avoid scratching up your work surface with that one. So I'm
now 0 for 2 with Kobalt.

end public service announcement

JP
Posted to rec.woodworking

Jay Pique wrote:

I cleaned out my old tool literature and came across and old package
for some ratcheting clamps by Kobalt. It turns out that they didn't
really work - they'd pop open under pressure - so I returned them.
And then just a week ago I tried a utility saw that they make as
well. It contained a handle and three blades - hacksaw, stab saw and
a two-edged flush trimming blade. For 12 bucks I figured it'd be a
handy saw to take on installs. However, once I got the saw home I
realized that the teeth were set on opposite sides of the blade!! No
way to avoid scratching up your work surface with that one. So I'm
now 0 for 2 with Kobalt.

end public service announcement

Good info.

OTOH, the ratchet and socket I got to keep in the shaper toolbox have held
up OK.

Thank You, Lowe's Norminn Home Repair 49 June 30th 07 12:17 AM
Went to Lowe's today ........... Steve B Home Repair 33 March 21st 07 03:34 AM
tools, air tools, power tools, hand tools, cordeless tool 4qO3HN tim Electronics Repair 0 February 21st 07 08:34 PM
Husky or Kobalt? [email protected] Home Repair 13 November 20th 05 04:17 PM
GMC Tools at Lowe's?? Gregg Woodworking 20 April 1st 05 04:06 AM