Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Thank You, Lowe's

Had a little shopping venture to get supplies for a couple of projects.
Nuts, bolts, plywood, paint remover. Check out, paint remover on
bottom of cart, small stuff in cart, plywood on top. Load up the car,
get home, don't have paint remover.....$30 gone? Call Lowe's, talk to
Chris in customer service. Chris went out to the parking lot, retrieved
my paint remover and kept it until I could claim it. There was plenty
of help on hand to help shoppers, too. Now, if only I could find a
couple of spring-clamps like they used to use on old, wood-frame storm
windows and screens.............
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Norminn" wrote in message
k.net...
Now, if only I could find a couple of spring-clamps like they used to use
on old, wood-frame storm windows and screens...........

Do you mean the screen door hook type with the spring to lock the hook into
the eyebolt?

I know I saw those somewhere recently

I know for sure that I saw the hardware they used at the top to hang them
from and I think those were at Lowes.
Here is a pictu
http://www.rejuvenation.com/typepage...rts_group.html

Check the aisle where the door and window parts are sold and also check the
hardware isle where all the stuff is stored in drawers.

Colbyt

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Colbyt wrote:

...also check the hardware isle where all the stuff is stored in drawers.

Damn it's hard pulling the cart along while paddling over to that isle,
though... (and, yes, I know I carefully snipped the correctly-spelled
occurrence)

Posted to alt.home.repair

on 6/24/2007 7:54 AM Norminn said the following:
Had a little shopping venture to get supplies for a couple of
projects. Nuts, bolts, plywood, paint remover. Check out, paint
remover on bottom of cart, small stuff in cart, plywood on top. Load
up the car, get home, don't have paint remover.....$30 gone? Call
Lowe's, talk to Chris in customer service. Chris went out to the
parking lot, retrieved my paint remover and kept it until I could
claim it. There was plenty of help on hand to help shoppers, too.
Now, if only I could find a couple of spring-clamps like they used to
use on old, wood-frame storm windows and screens.............

Like these?
http://www.doityourself.com/invt/u620286

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Meat Plow" wrote in message

I really prefer Lowes to HD. People are more helpful and available.

Me too, but they suck at checkout, at least at our local Lowes.

EVERYTIME I go there, and I mean EVERYTIME, they only have 1 checkout lane
open and the customer service desk/checkout. No matter how busy they are, or
how empty the place is. And there can be 25 people in line and THEY STILL
WON'T OPEN ANY OTHER FRIGGIN' REGISTERS !

That is why I stopped going there, unless I know the place is going to be
empty.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 12:18:58 -0400, "Postal68"
wrote:

Me too, but they suck at checkout, at least at our local Lowes.

EVERYTIME I go there, and I mean EVERYTIME, they only have 1 checkout lane
open and the customer service desk/checkout. No matter how busy they are, or
how empty the place is. And there can be 25 people in line and THEY STILL
WON'T OPEN ANY OTHER FRIGGIN' REGISTERS !

The fourth floor of E. J. Korvettes was like that too. A few years
later the chain closed, but I don't know if that was related.

That is why I stopped going there, unless I know the place is going to be
empty.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 11:54:48 GMT, Norminn
wrote:

Had a little shopping venture to get supplies for a couple of projects.
Nuts, bolts, plywood, paint remover. Check out, paint remover on
bottom of cart, small stuff in cart, plywood on top. Load up the car,
get home, don't have paint remover.....$30 gone? Call Lowe's, talk to
Chris in customer service. Chris went out to the parking lot, retrieved
my paint remover and kept it until I could claim it. There was plenty
of help on hand to help shoppers, too. Now, if only I could find a
couple of spring-clamps like they used to use on old, wood-frame storm
windows and screens.............

IMHO, business cycles cause companies, and their services to cycle.
Right now Lowes seems to have the happiest, helpful employees compared
to HD.

tom @ www.CarFleaMarket.com

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

HD is in trouble because they hired someone from GE to be the big boss a
while back and he fired all the experienced help to save money and raise the
stock price. It worked for a while. Now he is fired.

wrote:

Had a little shopping venture to get supplies for a couple of projects.
Nuts, bolts, plywood, paint remover. Check out, paint remover on
bottom of cart, small stuff in cart, plywood on top. Load up the car,
get home, don't have paint remover.....$30 gone? Call Lowe's, talk to
Chris in customer service. Chris went out to the parking lot, retrieved
my paint remover and kept it until I could claim it. There was plenty
of help on hand to help shoppers, too. Now, if only I could find a
couple of spring-clamps like they used to use on old, wood-frame storm
windows and screens.............

IMHO, business cycles cause companies, and their services to cycle.
Right now Lowes seems to have the happiest, helpful employees compared
to HD.

tom @ www.CarFleaMarket.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Had a little shopping venture to get supplies for a couple of projects.
Nuts, bolts, plywood, paint remover. Check out, paint remover on
bottom of cart, small stuff in cart, plywood on top. Load up the car,
get home, don't have paint remover.....$30 gone? Call Lowe's, talk to
Chris in customer service. Chris went out to the parking lot, retrieved
my paint remover and kept it until I could claim it. There was plenty
of help on hand to help shoppers, too. Now, if only I could find a
couple of spring-clamps like they used to use on old, wood-frame storm
windows and screens.............

I have bad legs..(2 major operations since Christmas ) .so honestly I
just can not walk all over the store to find 3 or 4 l items, then walk
out to my vehicle without stopping to let my leg muscles some O2 ..

..SO I use their Handicapped scooters...

Home Depot .. .Lucky to get scooter and luckier if it works
Lowes Normally not a problem finding one at the Door..

Guess where I shop ...?

Bob G.
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Postal68" wrote in message
. ..

"Meat Plow" wrote in message

I really prefer Lowes to HD. People are more helpful and available.

Me too, but they suck at checkout, at least at our local Lowes.

EVERYTIME I go there, and I mean EVERYTIME, they only have 1 checkout lane
open and the customer service desk/checkout. No matter how busy they are,
or how empty the place is. And there can be 25 people in line and THEY
STILL WON'T OPEN ANY OTHER FRIGGIN' REGISTERS !

That is why I stopped going there, unless I know the place is going to be
empty.

That would be the fault of a poor store manager, not Lowe's as a whole.
Ours is the opposite. Glad to hear that someone is making good use of the
electric carts - they look like they would be great.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Postal68 wrote:
"Meat Plow" wrote in message

I really prefer Lowes to HD. People are more helpful and available.

Me too, but they suck at checkout, at least at our local Lowes.

EVERYTIME I go there, and I mean EVERYTIME, they only have 1 checkout lane
open and the customer service desk/checkout. No matter how busy they are, or
how empty the place is. And there can be 25 people in line and THEY STILL
WON'T OPEN ANY OTHER FRIGGIN' REGISTERS !

That is why I stopped going there, unless I know the place is going to be
empty.

Our Lowe's cashiers wait at the entry to an open lane to flag you down!
Posted to alt.home.repair

willshak wrote:

on 6/24/2007 7:54 AM Norminn said the following:

Had a little shopping venture to get supplies for a couple of
projects. Nuts, bolts, plywood, paint remover. Check out, paint
remover on bottom of cart, small stuff in cart, plywood on top. Load
up the car, get home, don't have paint remover.....$30 gone? Call
Lowe's, talk to Chris in customer service. Chris went out to the
parking lot, retrieved my paint remover and kept it until I could
claim it. There was plenty of help on hand to help shoppers, too.
Now, if only I could find a couple of spring-clamps like they used to
use on old, wood-frame storm windows and screens.............

Like these?
http://www.doityourself.com/invt/u620286

Thanks, but it isn't what I want. What I am thinking of is the kind of
latch that is fastened to the trim and snaps over the wood frame of the
storm/screen, and the storm/screen is flush with the trim. It has a
flat, springy thing that, to release the storm/screen, you pull back
from the window end and it snaps back toward the trim. Very old, I think.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Postal68" wrote in message
. ..

EVERYTIME I go there, and I mean EVERYTIME, they only have 1 checkout lane
open and the customer service desk/checkout. No matter how busy they are,
or how empty the place is. And there can be 25 people in line and THEY
STILL WON'T OPEN ANY OTHER FRIGGIN' REGISTERS !

They solved that problem at the newest store here in town. They now have
self checkout like the grocery stores.

Now I can find, load and pay for my stuff with no need to find an employee.

Colbyt

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"Meat Plow" wrote in message

I really prefer Lowes to HD. People are more helpful and available.

Me too, but they suck at checkout, at least at our local Lowes.

EVERYTIME I go there, and I mean EVERYTIME, they only have 1 checkout lane
open and the customer service desk/checkout. No matter how busy they are, or
how empty the place is. And there can be 25 people in line and THEY STILL
WON'T OPEN ANY OTHER FRIGGIN' REGISTERS !

That is why I stopped going there, unless I know the place is going to be
empty.

A local _Checkout Line Rant_.

Miggy is about to go postal, but she has some tips.

Not just HD, and Lowes, she nails most all checkout lines.

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/rnr/354334670.html

--
Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 16:26:12 -0400, "Colbyt"
wrote:

They solved that problem at the newest store here in town. They now have
self checkout like the grocery stores.

For some reason I'm not attracted too, or use these checkouts. I have
once or twice. They still have one employee to monitor the six or so
checkouts.

Now I can find, load and pay for my stuff with no need to find an employee.

Just the other day I noticed HD has automated the BBQ LP tank
replacement method. Step up, slide the debit card, etc. and the cage
door for your new tank will pop open. Remove it and place the old one
in and close the door. Not sure yet, if you have to go back to the
ATM/Debit for a receipt.

Colbyt

--
Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Colbyt" wrote in message
They solved that problem at the newest store here in town. They now have
self checkout like the grocery stores.

Now I can find, load and pay for my stuff with no need to find an
employee.

Colbyt

I hate them things and refuse to use them. Seems I always have a problem
with an item that won't scan or it won't take my money. I tried and failed
three times and never went back to them. Besides, they don't give me a
discount for doing someone else's work.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
t...

"Colbyt" wrote in message
They solved that problem at the newest store here in town. They now have
self checkout like the grocery stores.

Now I can find, load and pay for my stuff with no need to find an
employee.

Colbyt

I hate them things and refuse to use them. Seems I always have a problem
with an item that won't scan or it won't take my money. I tried and
failed three times and never went back to them. Besides, they don't give
me a discount for doing someone else's work.

I love them. You can get out of the store in less than half the time it
takes the slow checker to ring up your order. I've never had a problem with
the grocery store scanners, and only once at HD with an item too large to be
put on the bagging unit. In less than 5 seconds an employee was at the
machine, punched in a code, and I was out the door.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stan" wrote in message
On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 02:37:05 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

I hate them things and refuse to use them. Seems I always have a problem
with an item that won't scan or it won't take my money. I tried and
failed
three times and never went back to them. Besides, they don't give me a
discount for doing someone else's work.

Our local Home Depot has them and around a year back when the last
time I ever darkened their doors, I tried to check out through one
with a shovel. I scanned the shovel and it gave the price and then
said to put the shovel in a bag and scan the next item. I leaned the
shovel up against the machine and tried to scan the next item but it
wouldn't scan and said Put The Last Item In The Bag Before Continuing!
I figured one of the geniuses at Microsoft must have programmed this
thing. The HD "Associate" (political correct word for employee)
couldn't get the stupid thing past the Shovel in the Bag hangup before
continuing either.

For all I know, that thing is still sitting there waiting for someone
to get that shovel in a bag before it will ever continue.

Makes you wonder just how bright the makers & programmers of this type
of trash really are. Our latest and brightest college engineers. I
guess they didn't cover in their programming classes that you can't
fit a shovel in a 1ft x 1.5ft plastic bag and since they have no
common sense, then all hope is lost.

Regards,

From the sounds of it you don't understand how they work. Scan item, put
item in bag or on bag area so that it can check what you scanned with what
you put down. It doesn't care if its in a bag or not, it just has to sit or
lean on top of the scale those bags sit on. It has to weigh the item
otherwise people could shoplift all day at those self-check stands.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Colbyt" wrote in message

They solved that problem at the newest store here in town. They now have
self checkout like the grocery stores.

Now I can find, load and pay for my stuff with no need to find an
employee.

Colbyt

I hate them things and refuse to use them. Seems I always have a problem
with an item that won't scan or it won't take my money. I tried and failed
three times and never went back to them. Besides, they don't give me a
discount for doing someone else's work.

More importantly, I've never yet had an HD or Lowes or Fred Meyer
(local grocery chain) computer come into my business to spend money.

I have had HD and Fred Meyer employees (real live human beings) come into
my business to spend money, however.

So, I boycott the computer operated self service check out aisles.
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 15:49:28 -0400, "C & E"
wrote:

EVERYTIME I go there, and I mean EVERYTIME, they only have 1 checkout lane
open and the customer service desk/checkout. No matter how busy they are,
or how empty the place is. And there can be 25 people in line and THEY
STILL WON'T OPEN ANY OTHER FRIGGIN' REGISTERS !

That is why I stopped going there, unless I know the place is going to be
empty.

That would be the fault of a poor store manager, not Lowe's as a whole.

Except that someone from corporate** should visit the store
periodcially and make sure things are running well, especially
something as obvious as a long check out line.

**Not necessarily *from* corporate. My ex-girlfriend is a mystery
shopper. She doesn't leave Baltimore but works/worked for lots of
companies. She checks out the store and sends a report back to the
main office. It's usually a specfic set of questions*** written up
the the main office of the particular compnay. She's notice that a
substantial percentage of the companies she checks out go out of
business within 6 months. Hirilng her is their last ditch effort to
fix things. They should probably hire her earlier. Starbucks does.
But the fees they pay her have gone down, and she doesn't do it much
anymore.

***They often ask questions I think are not of much value. details
on request.

Ours is the opposite.

That must mean you have a good manager, but coroporate is supposed to
look out for bad managers.

Glad to hear that someone is making good use of the
electric carts - they look like they would be great.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

I love work. I could watch it all day.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Lou Lou is offline

wrote:

[...]

Problem was that the employee was not trained in what to do!

Lou
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 18:41:47 GMT, "Art"
wrote:

HD is in trouble because they hired someone from GE to be the big boss a
while back and he fired all the experienced help to save money and raise the
stock price. It worked for a while. Now he is fired.

But mand he must be rolling in the money if he exercised his stock
options.

GJ

.. .
wrote:

Had a little shopping venture to get supplies for a couple of projects.
Nuts, bolts, plywood, paint remover. Check out, paint remover on
bottom of cart, small stuff in cart, plywood on top. Load up the car,
get home, don't have paint remover.....$30 gone? Call Lowe's, talk to
Chris in customer service. Chris went out to the parking lot, retrieved
my paint remover and kept it until I could claim it. There was plenty
of help on hand to help shoppers, too. Now, if only I could find a
couple of spring-clamps like they used to use on old, wood-frame storm
windows and screens.............

IMHO, business cycles cause companies, and their services to cycle.
Right now Lowes seems to have the happiest, helpful employees compared
to HD.

tom @ www.CarFleaMarket.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Eigenvector" wrote in message
. ..

wrote:

[...]

From the sounds of it you don't understand how they work. Scan item, put
item in bag or on bag area so that it can check what you scanned with what
you put down. It doesn't care if its in a bag or not, it just has to sit
or lean on top of the scale those bags sit on. It has to weigh the item
otherwise people could shoplift all day at those self-check stands.

How do you put a shovel on a 12 to 18 inch square? Leaning won't cut it- it
is like a produce scale. A sandbag of the right weight would work, like
Indiana Jones used. Maybe they should attach a sandbag avatar to all the big
items, to use at the checkout? The droid scale at a place like that needs a
HOOK to hang big things on.

I agree with the others- screw self serve. I'll wait an extra couple of
minutes to deal with a human. (and I do computers for a living, so
technopobe I'm not.)

aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Lowe's has been blowin' HD away for me lately (service and pricewise). I
was looking for a self retracting extension cord reel to hang on the
ceiling of my garage, and Lowe's even beat Harbor Freight (19.99-on
sale- for a 30 ft. with 3 outlets!)..

Even the cage type workshop light that I purchased to go with it is of
better gauge and quality than anything I've found anywhere.

The only thing I've been looking for lately that seems pricey (at lowes)
is a dimmer switch for a 3 way light. It has those new rocker switches
and 19 dollars seems like a bit much ... HD is aways away so I have't
had time to check it yet..anyone notice how much those switches are
there?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"aemeijers" writes:

How do you put a shovel on a 12 to 18 inch square? Leaning won't cut it- it
is like a produce scale. A sandbag of the right weight would work, like
Indiana Jones used. Maybe they should attach a sandbag avatar to all the big
items, to use at the checkout? The droid scale at a place like that needs a
HOOK to hang big things on.

I agree with the others- screw self serve. I'll wait an extra couple of
minutes to deal with a human. (and I do computers for a living, so
technopobe I'm not.)

Umm, I've gone thru checkout with big items, just lay them next
to the bag, I can't remember any problems.

I've used self checkout at HD and StopNShop in all cases they
have a person right there to assist with problems.
It doesn't really work well without someone there.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Charles Pisano wrote:
Lowe's has been blowin' HD away for me lately (service and pricewise). I
was looking for a self retracting extension cord reel to hang on the
ceiling of my garage, and Lowe's even beat Harbor Freight (19.99-on
sale- for a 30 ft. with 3 outlets!)..

Even the cage type workshop light that I purchased to go with it is of
better gauge and quality than anything I've found anywhere.

The only thing I've been looking for lately that seems pricey (at lowes)
is a dimmer switch for a 3 way light. It has those new rocker switches
and 19 dollars seems like a bit much ... HD is aways away so I have't
had time to check it yet..anyone notice how much those switches are
there?

Here I am, feeling all warm and fuzzy about Lowe's so I went back to get
a Preval paint spray gun. Don't have them, don't know what I'm talking
about but really interested. Told the clerk to check them out at H.D.
So, we went on over 4 blocks to H.D., I went looking for my spray gun
and hubby went looking for the clerk. Hubby found clerk, didn't know
where the spray guns were so I found them - on a bottom shelf behind the
sales desk (spray guns, not hubby and sales clerk) and showed the clerk
where they had been. I took them all and got the heck out )
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 23:26:28 -0400, Stan
wrote:

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 01:57:57 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

Honesty requires the use of proper descriptive words, not hiding behind some
weasel words that make incompetent people feel god about themselves.

Right you are........ I'm so tired of these political correct types
coming up with these warm and fuzzy "New" words to make, as you said,
"incompetent people feel [good] about themselves" or take attention
away from the true filth of something by calling it something clean
and sweet or call something by some new friendly name that has before
been known as corrupt.

While I write this I hear one on a debate on network news between two
politicians right now.... Some politician lying through its teeth
while the other politician is saying that the other is "Deviating From
The Truth". Wonder what its "associates" would think about that?

Regards,

I know; I hate that phony "courtesy" like poison, but it's the norm in
the U.S. Congress. (Except when former Speaker Dennis Hastert told a
colleague "**** you" right on the floor of the House!)

It's a classic you-scratch-my-back; I'll scratch yours game.

By contrast, the British Parliament (I watch Question Time
religiously) is raucous and undisciplined; lotsa fun to watch.
Another difference is that the Brits can utter clear and complete
English sentences; are not dependent on mumbling aloud what their
aides wrote for them. (Gawd I hate those committee hearings.
Someone said that one should not watch how laws and sausages are
made.)

The Brits are also expert at delivering most delicious darts and
ripostes, clothed in elegant but short, direct statements.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

Why did you snip what I said in my first two lines? "The word has
nothing to do with political correctness, as the phrase is used by
either side. It has to do with maximizing profits, by
trying to make the employees fell important." Do you disagree with
any of that? You don't seem to.

Making employees feel important by using special terms is another form of
political correctness. Same thing, fancy words. Retail clerks are just as
important as "associates". They are clerks, so call them that. Truck
drivers, grave diggers, garbage men, are all importnat jobs that people do
and they can be just as proud doing a good job as a banker or chemist.

I didn't say whether using the term "Associate" was good or bad. I
don't know why you are arguing with me.

You did say:
The phrase has been applied to a lot of other groups in the years
following, but it still seems to me that those people who deride
political correctness allign themselves with and probably are the ones
who would be still be talking about (nasty names deleted)

Now that sounds like you are voicing your opinion of people that deride
political correctness. People like me. Perhaps you have a different
meaning?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote

Where I work I'm considered an employee, not a "human resource" and I like
that.

This company I worked for was sold to another one, and it was
a riot to see how much the new place appreciated the employees.
A memo came out detailing how to account for your hours. For
instance, resources who worked a half day should put down 4 hours.

Resources. I gather they couldn't muster up the will to admit we
were humans.

nancy

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 19:54:39 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

Truck
drivers, grave diggers, garbage men, are all importnat jobs that people do
and they can be just as proud doing a good job as a banker or chemist.

My Drill Sgt., after being (Army) drafted in '70; called us all "green
maggots". We BELONGED TO THE GOVERNMENT....G.

--
Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 20:22:15 -0400, "Colbyt"
wrote:

Way to go Edwin!!!

How about undocumented worker. That would be an illegal alien.

This BS has to stop some where.

Colbyt

And be sure to tell your Senator how you really feel. One of mine is a
weasel.

Haven't you heard the NV Senator, state "un-documented Americans" or
words to that affect?
--
Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair

Nancy Young wrote:

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote

Where I work I'm considered an employee, not a "human resource" and I like
that.

This company I worked for was sold to another one, and it was
a riot to see how much the new place appreciated the employees.
A memo came out detailing how to account for your hours. For
instance, resources who worked a half day should put down 4 hours.

Resources. I gather they couldn't muster up the will to admit we
were humans.

nancy

Corporate-speak is irritating as heck......."interface", to me, is like
scraping fingernails across the blackboard. "I'm going to interface
with Joe about the budget." I'd rather just talk with Joe )
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Norminn" wrote

Nancy Young wrote:

This company I worked for was sold to another one, and it was
a riot to see how much the new place appreciated the employees.
A memo came out detailing how to account for your hours. For
instance, resources who worked a half day should put down 4 hours.

Resources. I gather they couldn't muster up the will to admit we
were humans.

Corporate-speak is irritating as heck......."interface", to me, is like
scraping fingernails across the blackboard. "I'm going to interface with
Joe about the budget." I'd rather just talk with Joe )

Corporate-speak comes about when people try to puff up their
daily routine. If you talk to Joe, how does that look on your status
report? But if you *interfaced*! wow ... you must be management
material.

nancy

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 20:35:42 -0400, "Nancy Young"
wrote:

This company I worked for was sold to another one, and it was
a riot to see how much the new place appreciated the employees.
A memo came out detailing how to account for your hours. For
instance, resources who worked a half day should put down 4 hours.

I've had a lot of fun over the years. Each time a new _BOSS_
transferred in. If he liked to bowl, the employees bought bowling
balls. If the boss played volleyball; everyone just had to attend.
These folks transformed into what ever this boss was..

So; one day I asked, "what are you going to do if the person is a
homosexual?"

Resources. I gather they couldn't muster up the will to admit we
were humans.

nancy

--
Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair

If a person who illegally comes into the country in violation of
our immigration laws is an "undocumented worker" does that make a
drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"?

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Colbyt" wrote in message
m...
:
:
: Honesty requires the use of proper descriptive words, not
hiding behind
: some weasel words that make incompetent people feel god about
themselves.
: --
: Ed
: http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/
:
:
: Way to go Edwin!!!
:
: How about undocumented worker. That would be an illegal alien.
:
: This BS has to stop some where.
:
: Colbyt
:
: And be sure to tell your Senator how you really feel. One of
mine is a
: weasel.
:
:
:

Posted to alt.home.repair

I don't think I've ever negotiated an insturment at the bank.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Norminn" wrote in message
nk.net...
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

The dozen packs of condoms?

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

: wrote:
:
: This company I worked for was sold to another one, and it was
: a riot to see how much the new place appreciated the
employees.
: A memo came out detailing how to account for your hours. For
: instance, resources who worked a half day should put down 4
hours.
:
: I've had a lot of fun over the years. Each time a new _BOSS_
: transferred in. If he liked to bowl, the employees bought
bowling
: balls. If the boss played volleyball; everyone just had to
attend.
: These folks transformed into what ever this boss was..
:
: So; one day I asked, "what are you going to do if the person is
: homosexual?"
:

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:

If a person who illegally comes into the country in violation of
our immigration laws is an "undocumented worker" does that make a
drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"?

ROTFLMAO.

Laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes.
Posted to alt.home.repair

It's amazing how fast a thread can get hijacked....

Is this what you need?

http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/(s3...et&SKU=5299680

Any Ace Hardware will have, or can get it for you. If they don't have
this item ask for 50506. It's the same item, just a different
manufacturer.