Posted to rec.woodworking

Default kid's wood projects

Does anyone know where you could buy the simple wood project kits for
kids like Lowe's and Home Depot use in there Saturday promotions where
the kids come to the store and build them. Recently Home Depot had a
boat project that had numerous pieces and had the kids fit pieces and
hammer about 20 small nails to hold it all together. Kids were aged
about 6 to 10 and came in with their parents.

I live in a small town without these big box stores and would like to
do this with the local town kids

Thanks,
Brad
Posted to rec.woodworking

Someone is selling Home Depot kits on e-bay:
http://search.ebay.com/search/search...ft+&category0=

Amazon has some books:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw...g+kids&x=0&y=0

Bonehenge (B A R R Y) wrote:
On Sat, 1 Dec 2007 17:31:16 -0500, (J T)
wrote:

Sat, Dec 1, 2007, 9:55am (EST-3)
doth qauary:
Does anyone know where you could buy the simple wood project kits for
kids like Lowe's and Home Depot use in there Saturday promotions where
the kids come to the store and build them. snip
I live in a small town without these big box stores and would like to do
this with the local town kids

Buy? Make 'em yourself.

There's a lot to that answer.

Many kid's craft projects are SIMPLE to kit. There are lots of books
that demonstrate woodworking with kids (free at the library), as well
as web sites with great ideas.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&hs=igG&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=resul t&cd=1&q=woodworking+with+kids&spell=1

All one needs to do is to complete the "dangerous" operations, like
ripping, rabbeting, and grooving. Let the kids sand it, paint or
stain and clear finish it, and glue and nail it together.

A few suggestions:

Bird feeders
Desk organizers
CD shelves (or video game carts/DVD's)
Pencil boxes
Kitchen tools (gifts for mom or dad)
Toys
Book ends
Hanging organizers (jackets & clothes...)
Sports organizers
Lap desks
Puzzles & games
Wall shelves

Posted to rec.woodworking

jbc77 wrote:

Someone is selling Home Depot kits on e-bay:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...ft+&category0=

Toys R Us used to have HD kits for sale in their stores; haven't been
there for about a year so I don't know if they still do, but that is a
possibility

Bonehenge (B A R R Y) wrote:
On Sat, 1 Dec 2007 17:31:16 -0500, (J T)
wrote:

Sat, Dec 1, 2007, 9:55am (EST-3)
doth qauary:
Does anyone know where you could buy the simple wood project kits for
kids like Lowe's and Home Depot use in there Saturday promotions where
the kids come to the store and build them. snip
I live in a small town without these big box stores and would like to do
this with the local town kids

Buy? Make 'em yourself.

.... snip
Posted to rec.woodworking

Thanks everyone for some good ideas and great links. I have made
kits for a few kids at a time but I was thinking of 40-50 kids and
projects they could complete in an hour to an hour and a half such as
the Home depot type which should cost only a couple bucks each in
quanity. They use small nails and don't need drying time for glue or
paint was my thinking and I don't spend 8-10 hours getting a "kit"
ready to go
Brad

On Dec 1, 11:55 am, wrote:
Does anyone know where you could buy the simple wood project kits for
kids like Lowe's and Home Depot use in there Saturday promotions where
the kids come to the store and build them. Recently Home Depot had a
boat project that had numerous pieces and had the kids fit pieces and
hammer about 20 small nails to hold it all together. Kids were aged
about 6 to 10 and came in with their parents.

I live in a small town without these big box stores and would like to
do this with the local town kids

Thanks,
Brad

wood pallet projects G[_2_] Woodworking Plans and Photos 0 October 10th 07 04:27 AM
WHat is this wood? Is it good for projects? stryped Woodworking 11 March 20th 06 11:34 PM
KID'S TOOLBOX J T Woodworking 0 March 6th 06 04:11 PM
SCANDANAVIAN KID'S BED J T Woodworking 0 November 11th 05 07:25 PM
Ok, so how much more do I need to get started making real wood projects Bob Davis Woodworking 47 March 26th 04 12:22 PM