Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Compact Belt Sander

Has anyone bought the Porter Cable Compact Belt Sander # 371 (2 1/2"
x 14"belt)? Are its capabilities different enough from its bigger
brother ( PC 337, 3" x 21") to justify the purchace price?
Joe G
Posted to rec.woodworking

Joe,

I don't have one, but have looked at in the storeg

It would seem that it would be much easier to control. Typically, belt
sanders do their own thing without much control from the operator...This one
might obey a little better and you should be able to reign it some before it
sands all the way down to the 'quick'.

Skip
www.ShopFileR.com

"GROVER" wrote in message
Has anyone bought the Porter Cable Compact Belt Sander # 371 (2 1/2"
x 14"belt)? Are its capabilities different enough from its bigger
brother ( PC 337, 3" x 21") to justify the purchace price?
Joe G

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 29, 9:22 am, GROVER wrote:
Has anyone bought the Porter Cable Compact Belt Sander # 371 (2 1/2"
x 14"belt)? Are its capabilities different enough from its bigger
brother ( PC 337, 3" x 21") to justify the purchace price?
Joe G

I have had one for about 6 months and I love it. Nice and light weight
but still plenty of power.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"GROVER" wrote

Has anyone bought the Porter Cable Compact Belt Sander # 371 (2 1/2"
x 14"belt)? Are its capabilities different enough from its bigger
brother ( PC 337, 3" x 21") to justify the purchace price?

Have one, like it, would buy it again.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/16/07

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

"Pat Barber" wrote in message
Yep... It's a good one... If you need to justify tool
purchases, you are in the wrong hobby.

but not the wrong ng, we'll help you justify *any* tool purchase you're
undecided about.....

jc