Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Need Advice re Fein MultiMaster

Hello --

I want to buy my husband a Fein MultiMaster. I'm not sure which to
get -- the FMM-250 or the MSXE-636. Is there a big difference? Which
one has the most comprehensive starter kit? I don't care about the
price, mainly I want the best starter package. I want him to be able
to use it right away without having to get more attachments or
whatever. He mostly does projects around the house, repairs,
remodeling, etc., some (but not as much) woodworking or crafts.

Thanks
cara1158
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 26, 2:01 pm, cara1158 wrote:
Hello --

I want to buy my husband a Fein MultiMaster. I'm not sure which to
get -- the FMM-250 or the MSXE-636. Is there a big difference? Which
one has the most comprehensive starter kit? I don't care about the
price, mainly I want the best starter package. I want him to be able
to use it right away without having to get more attachments or
whatever. He mostly does projects around the house, repairs,
remodeling, etc., some (but not as much) woodworking or crafts.

Thanks
cara1158

The kit I bought was called 'TOP'. A metal case, and lots of goodies,
including dust collection attachment. Variable speed is nice too. By
far (at that time) best bang for the buck.

Expect a big smile.

Posted to rec.woodworking

cara1158 wrote:
Hello --

I want to buy my husband a Fein MultiMaster. I'm not sure which to
get -- the FMM-250 or the MSXE-636. Is there a big difference?

You want the FMM-250. It's the newest version that includes a quick
release mount and more secure, "star" shaft.

The 636 is the old model.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 26, 2:21 pm, B A R R Y wrote:
..

The 636 is the old model.

DAMN!
Posted to rec.woodworking

cara1158 wrote:
Hello --

I want to buy my husband a Fein MultiMaster. I'm not sure which to
get -- the FMM-250 or the MSXE-636. Is there a big difference?
Which
one has the most comprehensive starter kit? I don't care about the
price, mainly I want the best starter package. I want him to be
able
to use it right away without having to get more attachments or
whatever. He mostly does projects around the house, repairs,
remodeling, etc., some (but not as much) woodworking or crafts.

http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/S...5+1196125 775
has a comparison of the three kits for the old (MSXE-636) and new
(FMM-250).

The most comprehensive set would be the FMM-250 "Top", which includes
not only the newer tool but several items not included in the MSXE-636
XL kit, one of which is the dust extraction system.

The major difference in the tools is that the older one holds the
blades etc by friction alone, while the newer one has an "X" shaped
piece on the mount that holds them positively--IMO based on experience
with the older tool this is a significant improvement.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to rec.woodworking

"cara1158" wrote in message
Hello --

I want to buy my husband a Fein MultiMaster. I'm not sure which to
get -- the FMM-250 or the MSXE-636. Is there a big difference? Which
one has the most comprehensive starter kit? I don't care about the
price, mainly I want the best starter package. I want him to be able
to use it right away without having to get more attachments or
whatever. He mostly does projects around the house, repairs,
remodeling, etc., some (but not as much) woodworking or crafts.

Thanks
cara1158

You want the latest model, IIRC the 250. This model has the quick release
for all the attachments.

AND if you husband wants this tool and price is no object you save lots of
money by getting the kit with the most accessories. Accessories are
Expensive and you get a sizeable discount with the larger kits.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 27, 4:48 am, "Leon" wrote:
"cara1158" wrote in message

[...]

Tools using in making models
This is Alexander zhang from Shenzhen shenchuang industrial company,
a specialized tools manufacturer. Our product 6 in 1 is specially
designed for making models. they are really novel products.
It can make of mini jigsaw, metal lathe, wood lathe, grinder, miller,
driller.
You can make whatever models by using our products.
Contact: thegoodtool at gmail com
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
On Nov 27, 4:48 am, "Leon" wrote:
"cara1158" wrote in message

[...]

Assuming that you're really trying to be helpful and not just spamming
randomly, spend the 200 bucks or whatever it costs for a business
license, rent some space in San Diego or San Francisco or Los Angeles
or Seattle and ship over a few containers of your product, then put up
a Web site with direct ordering and take out an ad in Fine Woodworking
or the like and send some sample machines out to the woodworking
magazines and if your product is decent and useful you'll likely sell
quite a lot of them. Make sure you hire a bookkeeper and pay your
taxes. Get an account with UPS or Federal Express if they're small
enough to ship that way, otherwise negotiate a deal with a freight
company.

This is where so many Chinese companies fall on their faces--their
idea of "marketing" is to post on USENET and not have any way for
anyone reading their post to obtain their product.

fein multimaster Renata Woodworking 14 September 21st 06 08:06 PM
Re fein multimaster srazor Woodworking 0 September 14th 06 04:15 PM
My Fein MultiMaster impression. Robatoy Home Repair 10 March 28th 06 06:16 AM
Fein MultiMaster question: (Lew?) Robatoy Woodworking 3 March 22nd 06 05:09 PM
Fein Multimaster [email protected] UK diy 34 November 4th 05 04:34 AM