Gerald Lamb

Default 2 inch wood bits

Im looking for a place to buy a 2 inch auger wood bit for a power
drill or maybe a expandable boring drill.I want to drill some 2 inch
holes in some six inch green pine logs to make a fence. Thank You.

Charlie Self

Gerald Lamb asks:

Im looking for a place to buy a 2 inch auger wood bit for a power
drill or maybe a expandable boring drill.I want to drill some 2 inch
holes in some six inch green pine logs to make a fence.

Both DeWalt and Irwin, among others, make 2" (and smaller and larger) self feed
bits that will do this work easily. They have a cone-like spur in the center
and fairly large teeth around the outside rim, but otherwise resemble Forstner
bits--I suggest very strongly that you do NOT consider a Forstner bit for your
particular needs, though.

Charlie Self

"The income tax has made liars out of more Americans than golf."
Will Rogers

Norman D. Crow

"Gerald Lamb" wrote in message
Im looking for a place to buy a 2 inch auger wood bit for a power
drill or maybe a expandable boring drill.I want to drill some 2 inch
holes in some six inch green pine logs to make a fence. Thank You.

Try a local plumbing supply for "self feeding" bits. They are NOT cheap, and
you better have a good drill, AND keep a good grip on it.
Nahmie

Kevin L. Bowling

"Norman D. Crow" wrote in message

"Gerald Lamb" wrote in message
Im looking for a place to buy a 2 inch auger wood bit for a power
drill or maybe a expandable boring drill.I want to drill some 2 inch
holes in some six inch green pine logs to make a fence. Thank You.

Try a local plumbing supply for "self feeding" bits. They are NOT cheap,

and
you better have a good drill, AND keep a good grip on it.
Nahmie

And, if you have long beard keep it out of the chuck while the drill is
running.

BRuce

Charlie Self wrote:

Gerald Lamb asks:

Im looking for a place to buy a 2 inch auger wood bit for a power
drill or maybe a expandable boring drill.I want to drill some 2 inch
holes in some six inch green pine logs to make a fence.

Both DeWalt and Irwin, among others, make 2" (and smaller and larger) self feed
bits that will do this work easily. They have a cone-like spur in the center
and fairly large teeth around the outside rim, but otherwise resemble Forstner
bits--I suggest very strongly that you do NOT consider a Forstner bit for your
particular needs, though.

Charlie Self

"The income tax has made liars out of more Americans than golf."
Will Rogers

Hey Carlie, can you elaborate a little on the NOT. Is it because of the
pine pitch?

BRuce

NFrames

Gerald Lamb wrote in message

Im looking for a place to buy a 2 inch auger wood bit for a power
drill or maybe a expandable boring drill.I want to drill some 2 inch
holes in some six inch green pine logs to make a fence. Thank You.

Does it have to be exactly 2" ? 2 1/8" spur bits are used for
drilling door locks. They can go $60.00 at some places. Maybe
cheaper on-line, but probably not, especially including shipping.
Don't know these folks at all, but here's a link:

http://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/FULLPR...ARTNUM=904-934

and here's a 2" self-feed with replaceable feed screws

http://www.eneva.com/power-tools/mil...elfeed-bit.asp

http://doityourself.com/store/6430151.htm

Just Google on "2 inch auger" or "2" auger" etc.
ELAhrens

Lee Valley has some sawtooth bits that go up to 4". Try this link:
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...rency =2&SID=

ELAhrens

"Gerald Lamb" wrote in message
Im looking for a place to buy a 2 inch auger wood bit for a power
drill or maybe a expandable boring drill.I want to drill some 2 inch
holes in some six inch green pine logs to make a fence. Thank You.

News==----

Newsgroups

=---