Posted to rec.woodworking
SBH SBH is offline

Default ADT router bits

Anyone familiar with the ADT brand router bits and willing to shed some
light on their reliability?

Thank you

Posted to rec.woodworking

"SBH" wrote in message
Anyone familiar with the ADT brand router bits and willing to shed some
light on their reliability?

Thank you

Sounds like a Security Company. Sure that may not be CMT?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 5, 5:32 pm, "SBH" wrote:
Anyone familiar with the ADT brand router bits and willing to shed some
light on their reliability?

Thank you

only place iv'e seen them is ebay, and the price is about 80% off what
any brand name bit cost.
think i would pass on them. YMMV.

Keith

We need to make a sacrifice to the gods, find me a young virgin... oh,
and bring something to kill

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in
:

"SBH" wrote in message
Anyone familiar with the ADT brand router bits and willing to shed
some light on their reliability?

Thank you

Sounds like a Security Company. Sure that may not be CMT?

If your piece kicks back and breaks the window, will the ADT bit call
the police?

Puckdropper

Posted to rec.woodworking

I would remind you that the average router bit spins up to 27,500 rpm.

Do you want that tiny piece of carbide on the tip of that blade to come
off in an unexpected manner ???

I believe I would stick with known companies that make router bits.

SBH wrote:
Anyone familiar with the ADT brand router bits and willing to shed some
light on their reliability?

Thank you

Posted to rec.woodworking
SBH SBH is offline

I agree, but since I'm fairly new in the woodworking field, I don't know
who makes good bits and who doesn't.

SBH wrote:
Anyone familiar with the ADT brand router bits and willing to shed some
light on their reliability?

Thank you

Posted to rec.woodworking

SBH wrote:
Anyone familiar with the ADT brand router bits and willing to shed some
light on their reliability?

Thank you

I bought some from MLCS that seem to be okay as a starter set.

www.mlcswoodworking.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

OK fair enough...

The biggest is Freud ....

There are many others but a short list would be

CMT
Whiteside
Porter Cable
Amana
Bosch

There are any number of people who import Chinese bits
and relabel them.

MLCS
Rockler
Woodworker Supply

and many,many others.

You will NEVER go wrong buying a Freud router bit.

SBH wrote:
I agree, but since I'm fairly new in the woodworking field, I don't know
who makes good bits and who doesn't.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Pat Barber" wrote in message
OK fair enough...

The biggest is Freud ....

FIY none are imune, the first router bit I owned to ever throw a chunk of
carbide was a Freud.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 08 Nov 2007 15:57:53 +0000, Pat Barber wrote:

OK fair enough...

The biggest is Freud ....

Freud is indeed a good bit, but not in the same league with Whiteside.
The preponderance of opinion seems to be that Whiteside is the best. And
I'm hearing that from folks who use routers commercially even more than
from hobbyists.

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Thu, 08 Nov 2007 15:57:53 +0000, Pat Barber wrote:

OK fair enough...

The biggest is Freud ....

Freud is indeed a good bit, but not in the same league with Whiteside.
The preponderance of opinion seems to be that Whiteside is the best. And
I'm hearing that from folks who use routers commercially even more than
from hobbyists.

In what way are they not "in the same league"?

I'll give Whiteside the edge on most for what I would term "value", but
my personal "best" overall would tend to be Amana...I find edges more
finely polished, etc. But, for similar bits, they're typically higher
in cost than Whiteside and the differences aren't necessarily that great
in performance unless compare on very gnarly, chip-prone material, say.

My Freud sets have certainly been quite similar imo...

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Pat Barber" wrote:

There are many others but a short list would be

CMT
Whiteside
Porter Cable
Amana
Bosch

snip

Just curious, does Infinity show up on your radar?

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message

"Pat Barber" wrote:

There are many others but a short list would be

CMT
Whiteside
Porter Cable
Amana
Bosch

snip

Just curious, does Infinity show up on your radar?

Lew

What about price cutter too?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dave" wrote:

What about price cutter too?

Definitely from China.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Pat Barber" wrote:

There are many others but a short list would be

CMT
Whiteside
Porter Cable
Amana
Bosch

snip

Just curious, does Infinity show up on your radar?

Lew

I have some Infinity bits, the predecessor brand bits, Jesada, was a better
bit IMHO. Actually the owner of Infinity was one of the kids that Jesada
was named after. I think Infinity bits are farmed out to several
manufacturers and made with the Infinity name on them. I would call
Infinity OK but I have the same profiles in CMT and the CMT's are better
IMHO.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Pat Barber" wrote:

There are many others but a short list would be

CMT
Whiteside
Porter Cable
Amana
Bosch

snip

Just curious, does Infinity show up on your radar?

Lew

I have some Infinity bits, the predecessor brand bits, Jesada, was a better
bit IMHO. Actually the owner of Infinity was one of the kids that Jesada
was named after. I think Infinity bits are farmed out to several
manufacturers and made with the Infinity name on them. I would call
Infinity OK but I have the same profiles in CMT and the CMT's are better
IMHO.

I once bought some stuff on-line and used an offer of a bunch of
Hickory bits to fill up the order.
I have posted this opinion here before, but I was pleasantly surprised
with the quality and longevity of the Hickory brand bits. Nooooo, they
are NOT the end-all, but certainly great value.
I use Amana when I can, Velepec when I can't, but my main supplier for
straight/single-flue/spiral/solid-carbide bits is, and will be, Royce/
Ayr.... nothing like it anywhere. They also make the very best saw
blade for solid surface money can buy.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I'm pretty familar with both lines and I have to disagree that
Freud is not in the same league with Whiteside.

Whiteside makes a nice bit but "far superior" to Freud would
be a giant leap to take.

The brands I mentioned are all ones that I have bought and used.
I based my opinions on real world use.

Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Thu, 08 Nov 2007 15:57:53 +0000, Pat Barber wrote:

OK fair enough...

The biggest is Freud ....

Freud is indeed a good bit, but not in the same league with Whiteside.
The preponderance of opinion seems to be that Whiteside is the best. And
I'm hearing that from folks who use routers commercially even more than
from hobbyists.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Freud is indeed a good bit, but not in the same league with Whiteside.
The preponderance of opinion seems to be that Whiteside is the best. And
I'm hearing that from folks who use routers commercially even more than
from hobbyists.

actually I think onsrud is the top. but they are more limited in what
they sell. more cnc bits then anything else.
Posted to rec.woodworking

https://www.onsrud.com/

wasn't on my list cause there isn't many folks on
this list that own a cnc machine.

Steve knight wrote:

Freud is indeed a good bit, but not in the same league with Whiteside.
The preponderance of opinion seems to be that Whiteside is the best. And
I'm hearing that from folks who use routers commercially even more than

from hobbyists.

actually I think onsrud is the top. but they are more limited in what
they sell. more cnc bits then anything else.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 16:13:03 GMT, Pat Barber
wrote:

https://www.onsrud.com/

wasn't on my list cause there isn't many folks on
this list that own a cnc machine.

They make router bits, too. I have several excellent Onsrud spiral
bits.

** http://www.bburke.com/woodworking.html **

Router bits Raven Woodworking 14 September 26th 07 08:25 AM
router bits Dave Woodworking 6 August 17th 07 04:51 AM
8mm router bits bloodyhousingmarket UK diy 3 May 9th 05 03:36 PM
spiral router bits and router technique Doug Woodworking 6 January 29th 05 03:15 PM
Can one use the Dremel Advantage Plunge Router Attachment (Model 963-01) with Standard Router Bits? Adriaan Sachtler Woodworking 1 January 20th 04 01:33 AM