Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Edge banding

I see that Rockler is offering a Burgess end banding router set on sale now:

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...8&filter=25854

I have always glued strips of solid wood to the plywood edges and then used
a block plane to match the edge to the surface of the plywood. This router
set might be a good thing to have. Has anyone used something like this?

TIA

Dick Snyder

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dick Snyder" wrote in message
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...8&filter=25854

Haven't used one, but there's also a tongue and groove set that does the
same thing and would be my preference over the curved one above if I was to
go and buy something for this purpose.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 1 Nov 2007 22:12:06 -0500, Upscale wrote:

"Dick Snyder" wrote in message
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...8&filter=25854

Haven't used one, but there's also a tongue and groove set that does
the same thing and would be my preference over the curved one above
if I was to go and buy something for this purpose.

Agreed. Having t&g helps alignment, and makes claming much less
problematic. With glue in the joing, I'd expect the curved one to want
to slide all over the place.

I recently purchased this set from Eagle America:

http://www.eagleamerica.com/product.asp?pn=100-9017F

It cuts a 60-degree "V" and a tongue and groove (part #100-9107F).

It was just a bit fussy to set up, but no biggie. Make sure you have
featherboards to keep the plywood and edging stock tight to the table.

I used it to cut some maple banding for 3/4 plywood. Worked great.

--
Art Greenberg
artg at eclipse dot net

Fastedge edge banding [email protected] Woodworking 5 May 5th 07 08:15 PM
edge banding? Lee Woodworking 2 March 29th 07 07:01 AM
Source for edge banding todd Woodworking 5 June 6th 06 09:33 PM
Edge banding question Woodworking 0 August 11th 03 02:47 PM