Posted to rec.woodworking
todd

Default Source for edge banding

At the request of the missus, I applied new laminate to some used furniture
we recently purchased for the kids' rooms. I started with white melamine
and applied the laminate. I'm now looking for new edging, but am coming up
empty. I can find all the white, black, and almond I want, but according to
the missus, those colors don't go with the laminate we have. My Googling
has come up empty for other colors, assuming I don't want to buy 6000 feet,
which I don't. Does anyone have a source for a smallish (30 feet) quantity
of plastic edging?

todd

Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin

"todd" wrote in message
. ..
At the request of the missus, I applied new laminate to some used
furniture we recently purchased for the kids' rooms. I started with white
melamine and applied the laminate. I'm now looking for new edging, but am
coming up empty. I can find all the white, black, and almond I want, but
according to the missus, those colors don't go with the laminate we have.
My Googling has come up empty for other colors, assuming I don't want to
buy 6000 feet, which I don't. Does anyone have a source for a smallish
(30 feet) quantity of plastic edging?

todd

Why not use the same laminate on the edges...?

John

Posted to rec.woodworking
todd

"John Grossbohlin" wrote in message
k.net...

"todd" wrote in message
. ..
At the request of the missus, I applied new laminate to some used
furniture we recently purchased for the kids' rooms. I started with
white melamine and applied the laminate. I'm now looking for new edging,
but am coming up empty. I can find all the white, black, and almond I
want, but according to the missus, those colors don't go with the
laminate we have. My Googling has come up empty for other colors,
assuming I don't want to buy 6000 feet, which I don't. Does anyone have
a source for a smallish (30 feet) quantity of plastic edging?

todd

Why not use the same laminate on the edges...?

John

I don't have enough of it left. The original intent was to use t-molding,
but then the missus changed her mind. '

todd

Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy

Does anyone have a source for a smallish (30 feet) quantity of plastic edging?

Have you tried fastcap.com? I know they have a lot of things like
that.
Andy

Posted to rec.woodworking
henry

Woodcraft sells Fastcap. Did you consider wood edging?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Pat Barber

You didn't say what color, but these folks have most
of them....

http://www.fastcap.com/prod2.asp?page=fastedge

and a very annoying web site...