Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Fastedge edge banding

Has anyone used the Fastedge edge banding, which doesn't require an iron to
apply? I was wondering if it was as durable as the iron-on type?

-Bill
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
Has anyone used the Fastedge edge banding, which doesn't require an iron to
apply? I was wondering if it was as durable as the iron-on type?

I haven't used that particular product, but I have used peel and stick
wood veneer edgebanding with no problems. I look for 3M adhesive on
the roll. I like 3m's stuff, so I trusted it, tried it, worked fine.
The better the cut edge, the better the adhesion - it won't flow like
hot melt to fill in gaps.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message ...
Has anyone used the Fastedge edge banding, which doesn't require an iron
apply? I was wondering if it was as durable as the iron-on type?

-Bill

I recently used it when I made new tops for a used bedroom set we recently
bought for our girls. The only problems I seem to have had are on the front
rounded corners. I found it harder to apply good pressure with the roller
at this point and I'm seeing a few places that aren't adhered well a few
months after doing it. I don't know if that will be your experience. YMMV.

todd

Posted to rec.woodworking

Thanx, guys - I'm going to give it a try. I don't have any rounded corners,
so that shouldn't be an issue.

-Bill
Posted to rec.woodworking

Yep. I've used it about 10 times on various projects.
I really like it. It is super sticky.
Highly recommend the edge trimmer (or any dedicated edge trimmer) makes a
much neater job.

wrote in message ...
Thanx, guys - I'm going to give it a try. I don't have any rounded
corners,
so that shouldn't be an issue.

-Bill

Posted to rec.woodworking

Thanx, guys - I.m going to give it a go. I won't have any rounded corners,
so that shouldn't be a problem.

-Bill