hda

Default Random Orbit Sander..Porter Cable 333VS..Ridgid 2610..Bosch 3727DEVS

I need a new Random Orbit Sander. I was all but locked and loaded to
go buy a Porter Cable 333VS, as I am a big PC fan. Went to HD today
on another mission and looked at the Ridged 2610 ROS. The 6" dual
Random orbit sander.

I like the large dust collection chute(I have an Oneida DC system), 6"
versus 5" and the fact that it has a lifetime warranty if you buy
before December.

I like the Bosch 3727DEVS for some of the same reason, I have a Bosch
1584 jigsaw, best in the world IMHO.

Can anyone give me their opinions on either of these sanders? I need
a good ROS, price is not the first concern, I like 6" over 5" from a
pure efficiency standpoint, and I need an easily adaptable DC port. I
heard these Ridgid's are Ryobi, which is a concern. Are they in fact
a Ryoby copy, or just made in the same factory as Ryobi?

Any opinions would be great. If I am missing another sander out
there, let me know.
Swingman

Been using the Bosch 3727 for a couple of years and, IMO, it's hard to beat.
Have it hooked up to a cyclone lid/shopvac and the dust collection is good.
Sandpaper is a bit pricey.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/21/03

"hda" wrote in message

I like the Bosch 3727DEVS for some of the same reason, I have a Bosch
1584 jigsaw, best in the world IMHO.

Lew Hodgett

"hda" writes:
I like the Bosch 3727DEVS for some of the same reason, I have a Bosch
1584 jigsaw, best in the world IMHO.

Can anyone give me their opinions on either of these sanders? I need
a good ROS, price is not the first concern, I like 6" over 5" from a
pure efficiency standpoint, and I need an easily adaptable DC port.

Bosch unless you really want to move up to the high cotton, then Fein.

Have beat the crap out of my Bosch for the last 5-6 years. I lust after a
Fein.

HTH

--
Lew

Visit: http://home.earthlink.net/~lewhodgett for Pictures

A.I.

I looked a little more at this Ridgid, the 2610 is made in germany, all the
other tools are made in China. Anyone know of a sander that looks like the
2610 that is made in germany? Do you think it could be patterned after the
Bosch?

"hda" wrote in message
om...
[...]

GTO69RA4

Actuall its a Metabo SXE 450 Duo, it looks identical.

how is Metabo?

Metabo makes some of the very finest power tools available. They make a few of
the Ridgid portable tools, with the rest being middling Ryobi products.

GTO(John)