Posted to rec.woodworking
k k is offline

Default router joints using jigs?

Do home made wood jigs work for cutting dovetail joints with the
router? I wanted to make a box but didn't want to spend money on a
aluminum jig but I want to cut them with my router? Any suggestions,
Thanks

Posted to rec.woodworking

"k" wrote in message
oups.com...
Do home made wood jigs work for cutting dovetail joints with the
router? I wanted to make a box but didn't want to spend money on a
aluminum jig but I want to cut them with my router? Any suggestions,
Thanks

Box joint for boxes, drawer joint for drawers work just beautifully on a
router and homemade jig.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"k" wrote in message
oups.com...
Do home made wood jigs work for cutting dovetail joints with the
router? I wanted to make a box but didn't want to spend money on a
aluminum jig but I want to cut them with my router? Any suggestions,
Thanks

IIRC either WoodSmith and or ShopNotes have the plans for making a DT Jig.
That said, you will more likely spend more money and time building your own
jig than on a house brand cheap DT jig. House brand DT jigs tend to not
have the frills but they do work and the results can be as good as those
achieved with the $500 jigs. I used a Sears Craftsman for many years before
going to the Leigh.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 18, 3:58 am, k wrote:
Do home made wood jigs work for cutting dovetail joints with the
router? I wanted to make a box but didn't want to spend money on a
aluminum jig but I want to cut them with my router? Any suggestions,
Thanks

This is relatively cheap and supposedly easy to use.
http://stots.com/tm.htm
I have no experience with it though. I bought a PC 4212 with a 20%
discount and have been very happy with it.

Mortice/tenon Router jigs petek UK diy 3 July 27th 07 04:32 PM
Try 2: Making jigs for Trend CRT Mk2 router table Mike Halmarack UK diy 8 May 13th 07 03:16 PM
Making jigs for Trend CRT Mk2 router table Mike Halmarack UK diy 0 May 4th 07 01:30 PM
curved joints using the router Mike Sollins Woodworking 12 January 21st 06 05:18 PM
Router jigs Sam Berlyn Woodworking 2 November 26th 04 06:34 PM