Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Looking for images or books for trim designs...

Hello everyone,

I have an entire house to trim and there is no way I am doing MDF picture
frames around my windows, or crappy MDF baseboard.

I will be trimming my house with cherry. I like some of the designs I see in
older homes in with real wood trim, but I don't care to visit 20 open houses
to find the design/layout I want.

I have tried all kinds of Google web and image searches and I cannot find
much.

Can anyone give me some specific search terms, web sites or books that show
many various real wood trim styles?

Thank you,

David.

Every Neighbourhood has one, in Mine I'm Him.

Posted to rec.woodworking

David,

Try checking out the profiles that are offered to work with the Woodmaster
planer/molder. ( http://www.woodmastertools.com ) They have an extensive
collection and can also make custom knives. They can also tell you who has a
woodmaster close to you.

Good luck.

Scott

"David F. Eisan" wrote in message
Hello everyone,

I have an entire house to trim and there is no way I am doing MDF picture
frames around my windows, or crappy MDF baseboard.

I will be trimming my house with cherry. I like some of the designs I see
in older homes in with real wood trim, but I don't care to visit 20 open
houses to find the design/layout I want.

I have tried all kinds of Google web and image searches and I cannot find
much.

Can anyone give me some specific search terms, web sites or books that
show many various real wood trim styles?

Thank you,

David.

Every Neighbourhood has one, in Mine I'm Him.

Posted to rec.woodworking

you might include "san francisco california", "victorian" or "painted
lady" in your search terms. the work you will see from those searches
is likely to be a bit over the top, but will provide a good idea of
what was being done 100 years ago...

Posted to rec.woodworking

Yep...get it from the folks that do that:

http://www.wmmpa.com/Resources/Bookstore.aspx

http://www.wmmpa.com/Resources/Bookstore.aspx?tid=2

I also have a CDROM with several thousand molding designs.

The problem you will have is the cost of a set of custom
molding head cutters. Not bad but still pricey.