Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Let's swap my 3HPDelta saw motor for your 1-1/2HP

I have just bought a wood shop from my uncle of mostly Delta
equipment. I live off the grid and my solar will start Delta 1-1/2 HP
motors on the Jointer (240 volts) and the 1-1/2Hp (120 volts) on my
Delta dust collector. My solar cannot overcome the start-up needed to
crank the 3HP motor in the table saw. My generator cranks it easily
but I don't want to have to start the generator to start the saw. I
bought the Leeson 1-1/2 HP motor made for the Delta saw but my solar
won't crank it either. I need a used Delta 1-1/2 HP motor like the two
I have.

Evidently the older Delta motors are slower starting and don't require
such a start-up burst of electricity?

I am willing to swap straight across. I prefer one with the saw
bracket attachment but will weld brackets on if I have to.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have just bought a wood shop from my uncle of mostly Delta
equipment. I live off the grid and my solar will start Delta 1-1/2 HP
motors on the Jointer (240 volts) and the 1-1/2Hp (120 volts) on my
Delta dust collector. My solar cannot overcome the start-up needed to
crank the 3HP motor in the table saw. My generator cranks it easily
but I don't want to have to start the generator to start the saw. I
bought the Leeson 1-1/2 HP motor made for the Delta saw but my solar
won't crank it either. I need a used Delta 1-1/2 HP motor like the two
I have.

Evidently the older Delta motors are slower starting and don't require
such a start-up burst of electricity?

I am willing to swap straight across. I prefer one with the saw
bracket attachment but will weld brackets on if I have to.

A month or two ago someone posted a link to a youtube about a guy starting
his TS despited a bad capacitor. Involved untensioning the belt and
cranking it. Should work for you also, if you are mad.

Seriously, you should indicate where you are if you want to swap motors.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Where are you? I have two .. A Delta and a Rockwell 1 1/2 HP motors

Or I might buy the 3 hp one from you.

I am near Fort Worth, TX

Boiler swap? Harry Bloomfield UK diy 34 June 10th 07 02:05 PM
Schematic Swap John Augustine Electronics Repair 2 July 1st 06 01:19 PM
VGA Cable Swap from CRT to LCD? XxLicherxX Electronics Repair 6 February 1st 06 03:45 PM
Collet Swap John Martin Metalworking 0 November 28th 05 08:49 AM
electronics swap meet [email protected] Electronics Repair 1 February 1st 05 07:23 PM