Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] cabennett@mac.com is offline

Default Let's swap my 3HPDelta saw motor for your 1-1/2HP

I have just bought a wood shop from my uncle of mostly Delta
equipment. I live off the grid and my solar will start Delta 1-1/2 HP
motors on the Jointer (240 volts) and the 1-1/2Hp (120 volts) on my
Delta dust collector. My solar cannot overcome the start-up needed to
crank the 3HP motor in the table saw. My generator cranks it easily
but I don't want to have to start the generator to start the saw. I
bought the Leeson 1-1/2 HP motor made for the Delta saw but my solar
won't crank it either. I need a used Delta 1-1/2 HP motor like the two
I have.

Evidently the older Delta motors are slower starting and don't require
such a start-up burst of electricity?

I am willing to swap straight across. I prefer one with the saw
bracket attachment but will weld brackets on if I have to.