Posted to rec.woodworking
Pat Pat is offline

Default Sliding Door Hardware.

I need to put a couple of doors on closet installation. The doors are
going to be 8ft tall and about 42 inches wide. There will be 2 doors.

I am looking for sliding door hardware and wanted something that
rolled really well preferable at the top and the bottom. Ikea has some
cool hardware but they don't sell it separately.

Any ideas?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 23:00:07 -0700, Pat wrote:

I need to put a couple of doors on closet installation. The doors are
going to be 8ft tall and about 42 inches wide. There will be 2 doors.

I am looking for sliding door hardware and wanted something that
rolled really well preferable at the top and the bottom. Ikea has some
cool hardware but they don't sell it separately.

Any ideas?

Rockler and Home Depot both has sliding door hardware. Don't know if they
will have what you are looking for. Give them a try.

Paul T.

http://www.USENETHOST.com 100% Uncensored , 100% Anonymous, 5$/month Only!
Posted to rec.woodworking

Pat wrote:
I need to put a couple of doors on closet installation. The doors
are going to be 8ft tall and about 42 inches wide. There will be 2
doors.

I am looking for sliding door hardware and wanted something that
rolled really well preferable at the top and the bottom. Ikea has
some cool hardware but they don't sell it separately.

Any ideas?

http://www.johnsonhardware.com/

Used to be that you could get nice, grooved brass tracks for the
bottoms of sliding/pocket doors but I haven't seen any in years.
Truth be told, they were a pain because crud always got packed into
the tracks. Nowadays, the doors are kept from swinging by using a
simple little nylon "U".

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 23:00:07 -0700, Pat wrote:

I need to put a couple of doors on closet installation. The doors are
going to be 8ft tall and about 42 inches wide. There will be 2 doors.

I am looking for sliding door hardware and wanted something that
rolled really well preferable at the top and the bottom. Ikea has some
cool hardware but they don't sell it separately.

Any ideas?

Try "Stanley Hardware" at:

http://www.stanleyhardware.com/defau... SS+SPDOOR+ACC

Their web site has a "Where to buy" section.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 23:00:07 -0700, Pat wrote:

I need to put a couple of doors on closet installation. The doors are
going to be 8ft tall and about 42 inches wide. There will be 2 doors.

I am looking for sliding door hardware and wanted something that
rolled really well preferable at the top and the bottom. Ikea has some
cool hardware but they don't sell it separately.

You might check with your local lumber yard to see what they have.
If they don't carry what you need they can probably order something
for you.
I'm not sure what you need. If you need bipass hardware or pocket
door hardware it should be easily available. Make sure that the specs
meet the weight requirements of your door/s. Most makers have a heavy
duty line that will handle about anything.
For bipass hardware, I've never used any that had a bottom roller
system but most have a bottom track that a plastic guide rides in just
to keep the doors from swaying in the hole. The weight of the doors
still hangs from the upper track.
As far as brands go, I've only used Stanley and Johnson.
Johnson seems to have heavier tracks and better rollers.

Mike O.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I am installing eight foot pocket doors and seven foot closet doors
and am using www.johnsonhardware.com kits for doors and find them very
strong and far superior to what you will find n Home Depot or any
lumber yard. You can order from them direct.

pocket door hardware todd Woodworking 5 September 15th 06 03:49 PM
Floor to ceiling sliding door hardware Carpentar Woodworking 4 June 25th 06 04:44 AM
bifold door hardware to keep door closed Morgan Home Repair 3 May 1st 06 07:37 PM
Sliding closet door hardware... SammyBar Woodworking 12 June 30th 05 04:42 AM
Loft door hardware Andrew McKay UK diy 3 August 25th 03 12:50 AM