Posted to alt.architecture,rec.woodworking
Carpentar

Default Floor to ceiling sliding door hardware

I am looking for sliding door hardware that will allow me to create
floor to celing closet doors.

Similar to Poliform Closets:

http://www.poliform.com/admin/produc...&tipo=Foto_Amb

Any leads will be much appreciated

Posted to alt.architecture,rec.woodworking
bob

I just bought hardware to build three such doors.

www.johnsonhardware.com

Bob

"Carpentar" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am looking for sliding door hardware that will allow me to create
floor to celing closet doors.

Similar to Poliform Closets:

http://www.poliform.com/admin/produc...&tipo=Foto_Amb

Any leads will be much appreciated

Posted to alt.architecture,rec.woodworking
Lew Hodgett

Carpentar wrote:

I am looking for sliding door hardware that will allow me to create
floor to celing closet doors.

30-35 years ago, you could buy a kit of aluminum extrusions that
allowed you to build a sliding wall to form a closet very much like a
set of sliding glass shower doors using 4'x8'x1/4" plywood panels that
could be cut to size needed.

I haven't seen them in years, don't know if they are still available.

Lew
Posted to alt.architecture,rec.woodworking
Carpentar

bob wrote:
I just bought hardware to build three such doors.

www.johnsonhardware.com

Bob

"Carpentar" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am looking for sliding door hardware that will allow me to create
floor to celing closet doors.

Similar to Poliform Closets:

http://www.poliform.com/admin/produc...&tipo=Foto_Amb

Any leads will be much appreciated

Bob:

The Johnson hardware allows the door to be suspended from the top. So
a part of the track (even covered with fascia) is still visible. The
Poliform doors are attached to the back side of the door. From the
front only the door is visible.

Posted to alt.architecture,rec.woodworking
Don

"Carpentar" wrote in message
oups.com...

bob wrote:
I just bought hardware to build three such doors.

www.johnsonhardware.com

Bob

"Carpentar" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am looking for sliding door hardware that will allow me to create
floor to celing closet doors.

Similar to Poliform Closets:

http://www.poliform.com/admin/produc...&tipo=Foto_Amb

Any leads will be much appreciated

Bob:

The Johnson hardware allows the door to be suspended from the top. So
a part of the track (even covered with fascia) is still visible. The
Poliform doors are attached to the back side of the door. From the
front only the door is visible.

OK
But what does the back side look like?

Need Help With Insulating Ceiling Of Enclosed Porch Josh B. Home Repair 1 May 15th 06 11:40 AM
Insulating a drop ceiling... bremen68 Woodworking 5 May 7th 06 09:35 PM
Ceiling Fan Steve Home Repair 0 August 7th 05 05:59 PM
Safety with tilted blade and sliding table Bob Davis Woodworking 5 September 29th 03 06:00 AM
Detecting Insulation in Ceiling and Walls Paul Home Repair 6 August 18th 03 05:59 PM