Andrew McKay

Default Loft door hardware

I wonder if anyone has suggestions with regard to a company that does
loft door hinges and latches?

Did a loft ladder for someone recently and they bought a 3 section
loft ladder for me to fit. Fitted the drop-down doorway, and the latch
assembly provided with the ladder was pretty neat - and simple. It had
an eye on the customer side into which the pole slotted, and on the
blind side was a simple little catch. When the pole (and eye) was
turned it physically moved a little lever which was physically bolted
behind the eye. Nice and simple design, very effective.

Subsequently I've got another loft door to do and it is a different
loft ladder which comes with a latch assembly that is pants. That
latch won't fit the access area and I'm having to improvise.

I've been all round the DIY sheds in the local area and I can't find
this previous design at all. I presume someone somewhere must make
this combined eye and latch assembly. No amount of googling has turned
up what I'm looking for.

Ideas anyone?

Andrew

Do you need a handyman service? Check out our
web site at http://www.handymac.co.uk
Andy Hall

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 19:51:40 +0100, Andrew McKay
wrote:

[...]

How about Drews in Reading. They have an extensive range of
ironmongery and even if they don't have stock will order for you.

I would wait until all the creatures have dispersed from the noise
festival, though... :-)

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Andrew McKay

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 22:12:24 +0100, Andy Hall
wrote:

How about Drews in Reading. They have an extensive range of
ironmongery and even if they don't have stock will order for you.

Hadn't come across Drews before - thanks for pointing it out!

Reading isn't usually on my stamping ground, though the odd visit to
B&Q (with respirator) does happen.

Andrew

Do you need a handyman service? Check out our
web site at http://www.handymac.co.uk
kitchenman

Use a 'touch latch' to hold the hatch closed

--
regards
Dave Batter
wrote:

How about Drews in Reading. They have an extensive range of
ironmongery and even if they don't have stock will order for you.

Hadn't come across Drews before - thanks for pointing it out!

Reading isn't usually on my stamping ground, though the odd visit to
B&Q (with respirator) does happen.

Andrew

Do you need a handyman service? Check out our
web site at http://www.handymac.co.uk

---

Loft conversion information, please! Steve Kimberley UK diy 5 August 19th 03 11:40 PM
Ventilating a loft Frank Z UK diy 6 August 11th 03 06:02 PM
Power to loft. Spur of 60A shower feed? Will Cooke UK diy 1 August 5th 03 12:15 AM
suppourting cold tank in loft? Niel A. Farrow UK diy 2 August 1st 03 10:04 AM
Fitting A Loft Ladder Andrew McKay UK diy 4 July 14th 03 06:10 PM