Posted to rec.woodworking

Default My Best Gloat

On 30 Sep, 23:27, maico wrote:
Hey All,

It has been months since I last browsed this group. We had our third
girl this summer and time has been tight. Now that I am getting a
little freedom, I had a chance to go (with the family) to the local
wood show; the first one of the season. I had no intentions of buying
anything this time (really). I walked up to a discount table and saw
a slightly used Dewalt DW625 3HP router sitting there without the box
but it had both collet sizes zip-tied to it. No price on it so I
asked the guy what it was selling for. After stepping away to ask
someone else, he came back saying $25. I had to make him repeat it so
I wasn't hearing things: $25!!! Holy crap! I plugged it in to be
sure it wasn't going to be a rebuild and it started up like new! I am
still freaking out! Now I have the router table router I need.

Just thought I would share.

- I plugged it in to be sure it wasn't going to be a rebuild

Learn me something: How would you have known it was a rebuild?

Thanks.

Posted to rec.woodworking

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On 30 Sep, 23:27, maico wrote:

[...]

Lessee. 1)If all the smoke started to escape or 2)If all the smoke had
already escaped and it wouldn't run at all. Otherwise, who knows?
mahalo,
j4
Oh and you suck.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 1, 12:41 pm, jo4hn wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
On 30 Sep, 23:27, maico wrote:

[...]

Oh and you suck.- Hide quoted text -

Ya, I know how much I suck and I'm just loving it!

As for knowing if it's a rebuild, besides the points above: doesn't
start, starts with noise, squeeky bearings, noticeable vibration,
doesn't soft start, etc, etc.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 30 Sep, 23:27, maico wrote:
[...]

I interpreted him to mean that he was making sure it wasn't going to (need
to) be a rebuild, not a rebuilt router.

todd

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 30 Sep, 23:27, maico wrote:
[...]

todd- Hide quoted text -

Yes, I meant that I wouldn't have to rebuild it.