Posted to rec.woodworking

Default HiPUR and/or Mitre-Bond.

One of my dealers suckered me into installing a few kitchens for her
in a new development on the river.
Lots of crown moulding. 45-degree spring angle stuff, so with a 12"
blade, my guys can do a good job.

Myself, I'd use TiteBond 2 or 3 and my pinner, but I won't be doing
most of the work.
That MitreBond adhesive is supposed to be good stuff. (I googlerized
and found an Aug/2006 article by Dave Eisan who seemed to like it, but
I'm not a big cyanoacrylate fan). One of my regular suppliers just
goes ga-ga over this HiPUR adhesive.
Again, like a good boy, I Googlerized and found the info to be a bit
sparse. Even my trusted Woodweb compatriots had little to say about
it.

Anybody here have some recent encounters with any of this stuff?

Any and all input will be highly appreciated, as always.

Posted to rec.woodworking

HiPUR hot glue is the most disappointing glue and tool I've ever owned and
I've told the makers that. The tube of glue are expensive glue and once a
tube is started, you have to use the entire tube. The glue in the tube goes
bad quickly once it's opened. And the worst part about it is the glue fails
on the assembled parts after some period of time. Stay away from it. That's
my opinion.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 30, 8:22 am, Bruce Kieffer wrote:
HiPUR hot glue is the most disappointing glue and tool I've ever owned and
I've told the makers that. The tube of glue are expensive glue and once a
tube is started, you have to use the entire tube. The glue in the tube goes
bad quickly once it's opened. And the worst part about it is the glue fails
on the assembled parts after some period of time. Stay away from it. That's
my opinion.

If you don't like the stuff, just say so, okay?
Seriously, I like info like that from the hip. FIFTEEN bucks for 50
grams.
Are they nuts? And then you say you can't keep an opened tube?

Thank you for the heads-up.

bond UHMW to SS Karl Townsend Metalworking 23 September 8th 07 11:05 PM
Termite Treatment/Bond Dutch Buckhead Home Repair 1 May 31st 06 01:55 AM
corner bond Paul Andrews UK diy 3 July 31st 05 11:30 PM
Bond AL heat sink to P3 cpu Karl Townsend Metalworking 10 July 24th 05 05:08 AM
Bond all grounds together? Minnie Bannister Home Repair 23 March 16th 04 06:31 PM