Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Router table question

I'm considering an extension router table for my Delta contractor saw
and came across a cast iron version in the MLCS catalog.
http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/orderstatus/html/smarthtml/pages/routabl4.html#cast_iron_exten_anchor

Does

anyone have first hand experience with this router table? It looks
good in the catalog, aluminum table insert and decent fence.

Thanks

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 24, 8:25 pm, Ralph Abate wrote:
I'm considering an extension router table for my Delta contractor saw
and came across a cast iron version in the MLCS catalog. http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/orderstatus/html/smarthtml/pages/routa...

Does

anyone have first hand experience with this router table? It looks
good in the catalog, aluminum table insert and decent fence.

Thanks

I have one that came with my Craftsman contractor saw. However, the
one that I have allows me to use the actual saw fence with a router
attachment. I like it enough that when I upgrade my saw, I will have
to really think about how to compensate for the loss of the router
table extension. Granted, I 've never had a dedicated router table,
but this thing really works well. It's a space saver too. I've added
a bunch of home-made attachments (feather boards, stops, dust
collection, etc.) and really do get a lot of use out of it.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2007-09-25 19:59:46 -0400, Doug said:

[...]

Thanks for your comments, I ordered the cast iron table from MLCS and
set it up last night. The quality is pretty good. I had to make minor
adjustments to the removable insert, it was just a few thousands to
large to fit into the table at first. Looking forward to making some
draws with a lock miter bit on a sturdy table this weekend.