Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default Yard Art, Oh No

Well, looks like it's my turn in the barrel. The older son asked
me to make some figures for his yard for halloween; Grim Reaper, witch,
ghost, couple of pumpkins. The dau-in-law and grand-dau are very much
for it too, so looks like I'm stuck.

I did a google image search on halloween yard art, and came up with
a myriad of pictures. Printed a batch out, and took them over
yesterday, for them to choose what they wanted. Last I counted they'd
picked out 9 (nine), and counting. I told 'em I ain't making 9d. The
kid is supposed to be picking up some OSB or plywood, probably scraps.
As soon as I get the wood, and choices, I'll start. Should be able to
sketch them out, cut 'em out, and paint. No biggie. Except it's YARD
ART. Urk. I've got a NOS pantograph I could use to scale up the
pictures, but I'd really hate to sully it so. So, it'll be freehand,
and if push comes to shove, could craw a grid on the picture, then a
larger grid on the wood, and scale up that way. That's a handy way to
do it if you don't have faith in your drawing skills.

Yard art. How could I have sunk so low? What Gods did I **** off?
Alas, alack, woe is me.

JOAT
What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new
humiliations?
- Peter Egan

Posted to rec.woodworking

J T took a can of maroon spray paint on September 24, 2007 07:40 pm and
wrote the following:

[...]

JOAT doing pukey pumpkins, who would have thunk it.
;-)
--
Lits Slut #9
Posted to rec.woodworking

J T wrote:

snip

Yard art. How could I have sunk so low? What Gods did I **** off?

We all slow down a little as we age and I here that a few of those
slightly used virgins that people send you have been complaining. ;-)

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

Grandkids make us do the craziest things, I'm betting she rolls her eyes
just right and Granddad will make them all. Only say this 'cause I've been
there lol.

Mike
Watch for the bounce.
If ya didn't see it, ya didn't feel it.
If ya see it, it didn't go off.
Old Air Force Munitions Saying
"J T" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 24, 7:40 pm, (J T) wrote:
[...]

Hello All, last year I ended up with a large box from a printer
(plotter) at work and wanted to do something with it. I took it home
and hd my wife stand in front of a section and put a spotlight at the
other end of the room and traced around the outline. We did the same
with me holding an ax like I was going to swing it down. I ended up
putting them in front of two windows with a light shining on 'em. A
little sheer fabric in the windows gave it more of an eery look.

If you dont have access to a plotter to print out each picture full
size you may be able to make a small cutout and shine a light from
across the room (or garage) to trace the image. Hope this helps.

Hey Jake, I had to join a different newsgroup server to reply this
time

Dave

Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Tue, Sep 25, 2007, 12:10am (EDT+4)
(FrozenNorth) posted in yellow in the snow and said:
JOAT doing pukey pumpkins, who would have thunk it.

At least I'll make sure they've got a bit of class:
http://www.woodcraftsandpatterns.com...7_Yard_Art.jpg

New Yard Help J.A. Michel Home Repair 1 March 20th 07 10:49 PM
Mounting a yard... Jeremy Collins UK diy 6 August 15th 05 06:05 PM
Can HOA take away my yard? Bean Home Ownership 62 June 21st 05 05:46 AM
flattening yard Steve K Home Repair 7 June 18th 05 10:09 AM
ADT Yard sign dh Home Repair 25 November 25th 04 08:28 AM