dh

Default ADT Yard sign

Anyone know where I can buy just a ADT security system yard sign and
some window decals. I did a lot of searching but just came up with
complete security systems. I just want the sign, thanks.
G. Morgan

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 21:31:32 -0500 "dh"
used 3 lines of text to write in newsgroup: alt.home.repair

Anyone know where I can buy just a ADT security system yard sign and
some window decals. I did a lot of searching but just came up with
complete security systems. I just want the sign, thanks.

Ebay

--
-Graham

Remove the 'snails' from my email
Greg

Anyone know where I can buy just a ADT security system yard sign

Steal one ?
;-)

I doubt ADT sells them since that is the main deterrant they sell with a four
figure security system.
Jmagerl

you can buy some bogus security decals from radio shack.

"dh" wrote in message
Anyone know where I can buy just a ADT security system yard sign and
some window decals. I did a lot of searching but just came up with
complete security systems. I just want the sign, thanks.

toller

"G. Morgan" wrote in message
On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 21:31:32 -0500 "dh"
used 3 lines of text to write in newsgroup: alt.home.repair

Anyone know where I can buy just a ADT security system yard sign and
some window decals. I did a lot of searching but just came up with
complete security systems. I just want the sign, thanks.

Ebay

Just for fun I looked, and your are right! Going price is $26.

Robert Barr

Connect a dog-run chain to your front porch railing while you're at it.
They're cheap, and they communicate.

dh wrote:
Anyone know where I can buy just a ADT security system yard sign and
some window decals. I did a lot of searching but just came up with
complete security systems. I just want the sign, thanks.

G. Morgan

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 04:25:50 GMT "toller"
used 17 lines of text to write in newsgroup: alt.home.repair

Just for fun I looked, and your are right! Going price is $26.

Did you think I was lying? ;~)

--
-Graham

Remove the 'snails' from my email
Edwin Pawlowski

"toller" wrote in message

"G. Morgan" wrote in message
On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 21:31:32 -0500 "dh"
used 3 lines of text to write in newsgroup: alt.home.repair

Anyone know where I can buy just a ADT security system yard sign and
some window decals. I did a lot of searching but just came up with
complete security systems. I just want the sign, thanks.

Ebay

Just for fun I looked, and your are right! Going price is $26.

Are the really a deterrent or do they say "cut the phone line"?

Pop

Utility water, or a well? Either way, that's WAY too high, and
it's a wonder any of your faucets will shut off anymore.

If it's utility water, talk to them. If it's a well, your
regulator is shot and needs to be replaced. The 80 number makes
me think it's a well - utility pressue wouldn't change from
running hte water unless there was a regulator with hysterisis
controlling the pressure.

Don't just bandaid it; find the cause. The other poster was
right: 40-50 is a usual pressure setting. That way it doesn't
blow the water rught back into your face when you try to fill a
glass or a bowl wiht water. Must be a nice, fast flow though
g.

Pop

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

| "toller" wrote in message
|
| "G. Morgan" wrote in message
| On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 21:31:32 -0500 "dh"
| used 3 lines of text to write in newsgroup: alt.home.repair
|

| Anyone know where I can buy just a ADT security system yard
sign and
| some window decals. I did a lot of searching but just came
up with
| complete security systems. I just want the sign, thanks.
|

| Ebay
|
| Just for fun I looked, and your are right! Going price is
$26.

| Are the really a deterrent or do they say "cut the phone line"?

John

"toller" wrote in message

"G. Morgan" wrote in message
On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 21:31:32 -0500 "dh"
used 3 lines of text to write in newsgroup: alt.home.repair

Anyone know where I can buy just a ADT security system yard sign and
some window decals. I did a lot of searching but just came up with
complete security systems. I just want the sign, thanks.

Ebay

Just for fun I looked, and your are right! Going price is $26.

Are the really a deterrent or do they say "cut the phone line"?

Most ADT security systems will go off immidately if the phone line is cut
and the system is armed. Granted it won't call central station unless you
have the cellular add on but it will sure get the neighbors attention if you
have an outside siren.

Joe Bobst

Consider one of the faux security cameras with the blinking red LED on the
front. They're listed in many places from $15-25. Mount it high enough to
prevent theft, of course. HTH

Joe
William Deans

Greetings,

Everywhere you were planning on ADT signs post a copy of a different article
along the lines of "Home intruder shot dead by woman".

--William

"dh" wrote in message
Anyone know where I can buy just a ADT security system yard sign and
some window decals. I did a lot of searching but just came up with
complete security systems. I just want the sign, thanks.

Tony Hwang

dh wrote:

Anyone know where I can buy just a ADT security system yard sign and
some window decals. I did a lot of searching but just came up with
complete security systems. I just want the sign, thanks.

Hi,
Ask your local ADT office.
They'll send some.
I got whole bunch.
Tony
Tony Hwang

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"toller" wrote in message

"G. Morgan" wrote in message
. ..

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 21:31:32 -0500 "dh"
used 3 lines of text to write in newsgroup: alt.home.repair

Anyone know where I can buy just a ADT security system yard sign and
some window decals. I did a lot of searching but just came up with
complete security systems. I just want the sign, thanks.

Ebay

Just for fun I looked, and your are right! Going price is $26.

Are the really a deterrent or do they say "cut the phone line"?

Hmmm
All is under ground here, electric, phone, cable, etc.
No would-be robber can cut it.
Tony
Greg

Hmmm
All is under ground here, electric, phone, cable, etc.
No would-be robber can cut it.
Tony

The Dmark is still on the wall isn't it?

SEPrince1

Just call ADT and ask for them. There great ads for the company. If they won't
bring them out, tell the ADT sales rep your going to call there local
competition and let them plant an ad on your lawn.

Alarms will not sound if your phone line is cut. You must request your alarm
company install a phone line monitor to protect them. Them the alarm will sound
if you lines are cut.
G. Morgan

On 18 Nov 2004 15:46:42 GMT "SEPrince1"
used 7 lines of text to write in newsgroup: alt.home.repair

Alarms will not sound if your phone line is cut. You must request your alarm
company install a phone line monitor to protect them. Them the alarm will sound
if you lines are cut.

That depends on what brand/model of panel is installed. Some have a
built in TLM. Some require a separate TLM.

--
-Graham

Remove the 'snails' from my email
Dan Shulman

According to ADT (I'm a customer) if the phone line is cut, that triggers
the alarm.

Dan Shulman

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

Are the really a deterrent or do they say "cut the phone line"?

G. Morgan

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 18:40:50 -0500 "Dan Shulman"
used 12 lines of text to write in newsgroup: alt.home.repair

According to ADT (I'm a customer)

Sorry to hear that.

if the phone line is cut, that triggers
the alarm.

You better make sure you didn't get a generic answer. The systems
they deploy are Ademco brand, made for their proprietary use. All the
Vista series panels do not have a TLM.

BTW..

A TLM (Telephone Line Monitor) works by monitoring DC line voltage.
It is triggered when the voltage drops below ~20V for a period of
3-6 minutes. (depending on make and model of the panel/seperate
module).

What's important to note is:

IF THE LINE IS CUT, NO SIGNAL WILL BE TRANSMITTED. ONLY THE SIREN
WILL SOUND.

The only thing you can do to prevent non-reporting of phone-cut
attacks is to have backup reporting VIA cellular or long-range radio.
The growing trend will be IP based monitoring over your high-speed
Internet, but that is not considered a viable residential application
(yet).

--
-Graham

Remove the 'snails' from my email
Greg

It is triggered when the voltage drops below ~20V for a period of
3-6 minutes.

I bet that is more like 6 or 7 volts. Hang a meter on your phone line and see
what it is with a couple of phones "off hook".
On hook is around 48, off hook is 8-10, ringing is about 100
If a guy was really that interested he would hang a 9v battery on the Dmark
before he cut he wire.

G. Morgan

On 21 Nov 2004 03:57:17 GMT "Greg"
used 8 lines of text to write in newsgroup: alt.home.repair

It is triggered when the voltage drops below ~20V for a period of
3-6 minutes.

I bet that is more like 6 or 7 volts. Hang a meter on your phone line and see
what it is with a couple of phones "off hook".
On hook is around 48, off hook is 8-10, ringing is about 100
If a guy was really that interested he would hang a 9v battery on the Dmark
before he cut he wire.

Please email me Greg.

Or open your's to

--
-Graham

Remove the 'snails' from my email

The only thing you can do to prevent non-reporting of phone-cut
attacks is to have backup reporting VIA cellular or long-range radio.
The growing trend will be IP based monitoring over your high-speed
Internet, but that is not considered a viable residential application
(yet).

So how is high speed internet going to be any better when you can cut that
physical wire just as easily as any telephone line?

People's internet connections are frequently always-on, so that
"monitored" means what, apparently, a monitored phone line
doesn't anymore. To whit: The monitoring system can ping
your alarm system every minute or so, and if it doesn't
get an answer, freak. I recommend not using anything created
by microsoft in such a system.

--Goedjn

Greg

People's internet connections are frequently always-on, so that
"monitored" means what, apparently, a monitored phone line
doesn't anymore. To whit: The monitoring system can ping
your alarm system every minute or so, and if it doesn't
get an answer, freak.

If the cops showed up everytime my broadband connection was out I would need to
widen the driveway.

G. Morgan

On 24 Nov 2004 18:00:37 GMT "Greg"
used 8 lines of text to write in newsgroup: alt.home.repair

If the cops showed up everytime my broadband connection was out I would need to
widen the driveway.

As I already noted, this technology is not ready for the primary
communication in residential use. It is currently deployed in
high-end government facilities and private high security applications.
These locations usually have T-1 or T-3 multi-homed Internet
connections.

In the meantime there are cellular backups, and proprietary long range
radio solutions.

http://www.alarm.com/ GE Security Division
Radio Based Monitoring

http://www.alarmnet.com/ Honeywell Security (Ademco)