Blarg News

Default Incra Twin Linear vs. Wonder Fence Ultra

Hi Folks,

I would like to get opinions and/or feed back on the Incra Twin Linear
System (http://tinyurl.com/p9gr)
and their Wonder Fence Ultra (http://tinyurl.com/p9h1). To the untrained
observer (me) it appears they are very simular right up to the price. The
24" Wonder fence is about $50 more than the Twin Linear. What are the
differences? Is there a diffinate advantage of one verus the other.

Thanks,

ELAhrens

Bay Area Dave

I have the Twin Linear. it appears that the Wonder is more compact than
the Twin Linear, so it probably won't do dovetails/box joints on as
large projects. That's my impression from the blurb I read on the
Wonder, anyway. I've been known to be wrong before, so... I didn't
read far enough to get the exact dimensions. Check out that aspect if
that's an issue for you.

dave

Blarg News wrote:

Hi Folks,

I would like to get opinions and/or feed back on the Incra Twin Linear
System (http://tinyurl.com/p9gr)
and their Wonder Fence Ultra (http://tinyurl.com/p9h1). To the untrained
observer (me) it appears they are very simular right up to the price. The
24" Wonder fence is about $50 more than the Twin Linear. What are the
differences? Is there a diffinate advantage of one verus the other.

Thanks,

ELAhrens

Sprog

They are similar but :

The Twin Linear uses a dual, side-by-side, interlocked carriage design to
simultaneously control both the in feed and out feed fences.

While the Wonderfence is mounted on an Ultra mechanism.
The Incra Jig Ultra delivers the positioning accuracy needed for perfect
dovetails and box joints; the WonderFENCE delivers the offset and variable
throat capabilities needed for edge forming and shaping.