A.I.

Default Leecraft zero insert noise?

I have a PM66 with a Leecraft zero clearance insert and a Forest WW2 blade.
The saw, when lower than the insert is whisper quiet(5HP). But once it is
up in its insert, which has already been plowed out, it makes noise as if it
is still rubbing on the sides slightly? Is this common? I would think once
it has made its cut, it would be quiet?

help

hda

Leon

"A.I." wrote in message
I have a PM66 with a Leecraft zero clearance insert and a Forest WW2

blade.
The saw, when lower than the insert is whisper quiet(5HP). But once it is
up in its insert, which has already been plowed out, it makes noise as if

it
is still rubbing on the sides slightly? Is this common? I would think

once
it has made its cut, it would be quiet?

Mine did the same thing. While the saw is running and with the fence
covering the insert BUT NOT THE BLADE SLOT, raise the blade to further cut
out the slot. Then after a few weeks the noise should diminish with use.

Prosecutor

Mine did that for a short while. I didn't find it bothersome and found that it eventually went away. Obviously, the slight amount
of side movement of the blade, over time, wore off the contacting material and eliminated the noise.