Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Fein and Festool vacuums?

This is idle curiosity at this point because I just bought a used festool
CT22. I was trying to work up the nerve to buy a Fein III when I saw the
Festool at a great price.

But for anyone who has seen both...
Are they roughly the same power? Festool claim slightly higher CFM, but
slightly lower static pressure. The festool seems to be a bit more powerful
then my old Hoover GUV, despite the Hover having higher amperage.
How about noise? I am very pleased with how quiet the Festool is; can the
Fein really be much quieter as claimed? The Festool is way way quieter than
the Hoover, eventhough the Hoover is way way quieter than my old old
Shopvac.

I have googled, and there isn't anything meaningful out there.

Posted to rec.woodworking
JGS JGS is offline

Try this. JG

http://groups.google.ca/group/rec.wo...stool+ vacuum

"Wade Lippman" wrote in message
This is idle curiosity at this point because I just bought a used festool
CT22. I was trying to work up the nerve to buy a Fein III when I saw the
Festool at a great price.

But for anyone who has seen both...
Are they roughly the same power? Festool claim slightly higher CFM, but
slightly lower static pressure. The festool seems to be a bit more
powerful then my old Hoover GUV, despite the Hover having higher amperage.
How about noise? I am very pleased with how quiet the Festool is; can the
Fein really be much quieter as claimed? The Festool is way way quieter
than the Hoover, eventhough the Hoover is way way quieter than my old old
Shopvac.

I have googled, and there isn't anything meaningful out there.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 2, 9:46 pm, "Wade Lippman" wrote:
This is idle curiosity at this point because I just bought a used festool
CT22. I was trying to work up the nerve to buy a Fein III when I saw the
Festool at a great price.

But for anyone who has seen both...
Are they roughly the same power? Festool claim slightly higher CFM, but
slightly lower static pressure. The festool seems to be a bit more powerful
then my old Hoover GUV, despite the Hover having higher amperage.
How about noise? I am very pleased with how quiet the Festool is; can the
Fein really be much quieter as claimed? The Festool is way way quieter than
the Hoover, eventhough the Hoover is way way quieter than my old old
Shopvac.

I have googled, and there isn't anything meaningful out there.

You won't go wrong with either Festool or Fein. I bought a CT22 for on-
site solid surface seaming, mostly because I got a decent deal on it
and it is small. Yet I bought another Fein shortly thereafter, because
'I just like the things'. The Festool doesn't tip over in the truck,
the Fein does.
The by-pass cooling is something I know works, I have yet to try to
over-heat the Festool, but the Fein is always cool, even after a day's
work. I also like the bags, the ones which Fein uses, a lot better.
Another bonus for me, is that Fein has WAY better representation in
Canada than Festool which has none.
The Fein also works as a wet-vac.... and with a little futzing, a
ShopVac bag will work too, unlike the Festool.

I have also been looking a lot at my buddy's Fein routers... verrry
impressive after 6-7 years of hard work...

Posted to rec.woodworking

Unfortunately I don't have the Festool to compare to, but the Fein is pretty
quiet.
As another person posted the center of gravity is a bit high so it may be a
bit more top heavy than some of the wider, shorter vacs. But it is still a
great vacuum. I posted what I like and dislike about it he
http://zo-d.com/stuff/tool-reviews/f...ac-review.html

-Jack

"Wade Lippman" wrote in message
This is idle curiosity at this point because I just bought a used festool
CT22. I was trying to work up the nerve to buy a Fein III when I saw the
Festool at a great price.

But for anyone who has seen both...
Are they roughly the same power? Festool claim slightly higher CFM, but
slightly lower static pressure. The festool seems to be a bit more
powerful then my old Hoover GUV, despite the Hover having higher amperage.
How about noise? I am very pleased with how quiet the Festool is; can the
Fein really be much quieter as claimed? The Festool is way way quieter
than the Hoover, eventhough the Hoover is way way quieter than my old old
Shopvac.

I have googled, and there isn't anything meaningful out there.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Wade Lippman" wrote in message
This is idle curiosity at this point because I just bought a used festool
CT22. I was trying to work up the nerve to buy a Fein III when I saw the
Festool at a great price.

But for anyone who has seen both...
Are they roughly the same power? Festool claim slightly higher CFM, but
slightly lower static pressure. The festool seems to be a bit more
powerful then my old Hoover GUV, despite the Hover having higher amperage.
How about noise? I am very pleased with how quiet the Festool is; can the
Fein really be much quieter as claimed? The Festool is way way quieter
than the Hoover, eventhough the Hoover is way way quieter than my old old
Shopvac.

I have googled, and there isn't anything meaningful out there.

One thing very nice about the Festool CT22, it is easily guided and rolled
around on a smooth or rough cement floor with 1 finger.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 4, 3:31 pm, "Leon" wrote:
[...]

Agreed, but I wouldn't use a CT22 as a vacuum hold-down. That is Fein
territory.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
ups.com...

One thing very nice about the Festool CT22, it is easily guided and
rolled
around on a smooth or rough cement floor with 1 finger.

Agreed, but I wouldn't use a CT22 as a vacuum hold-down. That is Fein
territory.

I bought the Festool strictly to attach to my Domino's orifice. Does that
sound right? ;~)