Posted to rec.woodworking

Default PING Renata lacquer supplier

I didn't know if you were still following the old thread. This is my
favorite product right now. The company is big enough to give great
service and stand by their product, but small enough that the owner
(Dave) is available when you need him. His wife answers the phone,
and his daughter is a technician there.

They developed their product as refinishers, and it is actually a
pretty unique product. I haven't ever had it fail, nor have I had any
problems with it. Even with shipping they can be competitive in most
cases with paint store vendor prices.

Their products are on this page, and the next page has the same
products in 5's. BTW, if you buy anything that is solvent based that
is shipped remember that you will pay a hazmat fee of $50. One quart
is exempt, but a gallon, you pay. But it is the same hazmat fee for
10 gallons as it is for 1, so keep that in mind when ordering. Also,
their custom blend stripper is the best I have ever used - period.
NOTHING is close to how well that stuff works. I used about 10
gallons of it last year, and this is where their refinishing roots
show - it will dissolve multiple coats of poly with little problems.

Once past the hazmat/shipping part (always ask if another gallon of
this or that will actually add to the shipping) of the invoice, try
out his thinners and retarders as they are top flight virgin mix
products.

If you decide to order from them, call them, ask for Dave and tell him
the exact problem you are having, what you are trying to do (think
refinishing) and he will put you onto the correct product. His
personality is as dry as a piece of toast, but he knows every nuance
of his product.

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking

am i missingsomething or did you not post the name of your favorite
company?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 21, 11:49 am, " wrote:
am i missingsomething or did you not post the name of your favorite
company?

What? You can't read minds?

I think maybe it's too much time around the solvent.

Thanks for the heads up.

Here's the link:

http://tinyurl.com/3aetyt

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking

Danke!!

Will call today.

I am going to implement your 3 part formula for the initial coat (BLO,
turp, shellac).

I am going to switch to a non water based lacquer for the finish.

BTW, I've been using a pre cat lacquer, but water based, from
Hydrcote, called Resithane.
Like ya'll, I've been happy with the end result, etc. (after I got
over a few hurdles), but it in not getting along on the solid walnut
(handles) that's been BLO'd.

Much thanks (again and again - you have been inVALuable!!)!!

Renata

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 07:57:37 -0700, "
wrote:

[...]

Nitrocellulose lacquer over an oil? Brent Woodworking 6 July 13th 07 07:58 AM
aeresol lacquer Vaughn Woodworking 10 March 3rd 05 04:24 PM
Lacquer Spraying Joe Woodworking 2 November 26th 04 09:44 PM
Lacquer vs Humidity Ralph J. Ramirez Woodturning 5 October 23rd 04 06:16 PM
Polyurethane VS Lacquer AlaJoe Woodworking 2 July 14th 03 02:32 AM