Robert Sobieck

Default bandsaw purchase

I am interested in purchasing a bandsaw. I would like to make sure it
is capable of resawing small logs and vanier, but most use would be
normal ripping and freehand sawing. I was thinking a 16" or 18". I
would also prefer a 110 VAC cirucuit, but 220 is not absolutely out. I
looked at Laguna Tool and Minimax. I like those tools but they are a
bit pricy. I am not opposed to spending good money, especially if the
lower priced tools cause me to purchase options. Does anybody have
advice on other models to look at? I definately do not want a flimsy
tool.
All advice appreciated.

Bob

Lawrence A. Ramsey

Look for the Mini-MAx S45 (I think). It is a serious piece of
machinery.

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 13:48:06 -0500, Robert Sobieck
wrote:

I am interested in purchasing a bandsaw. I would like to make sure it
is capable of resawing small logs and vanier, but most use would be
normal ripping and freehand sawing. I was thinking a 16" or 18". I
would also prefer a 110 VAC cirucuit, but 220 is not absolutely out. I
looked at Laguna Tool and Minimax. I like those tools but they are a
bit pricy. I am not opposed to spending good money, especially if the
lower priced tools cause me to purchase options. Does anybody have
advice on other models to look at? I definately do not want a flimsy
tool.
All advice appreciated.

Bob

DarylRos

was thinking a 16" or 18". I
would also prefer a 110 VAC cirucuit, but 220 is not absolutely out.

Good, because any serious bandsaw that will cut what you want will really
require 220 volts.

You want a 110, then stay with the 110V 14" Delta, not a clone.

You want to cut veneer, then you really wnt to spend the big bucks on the
Lennox carbide blade, which means ultra tension, which means one of the Italian
steel models, Laguna, MiniMax or Agazzani.

I have the MiniMax MM16, and find it sensational. I have some friends who love
their Lagunas. They are good, but the customer service is poor. They both
require 220V for their 3 HP motors, and 20 amp lines at that.

Homebrew bandsaw project part 2 is now up. Roy Metalworking 4 January 9th 04 02:27 AM
Bandsaw Tuning #1 Wayland Woodworking 6 August 24th 03 12:59 AM
Moving A Large Bandsaw Too_Many_Tools Metalworking 1 July 30th 03 07:46 PM