Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Wade Lippman

Default Novice's router problem

I am making a cabinet door. I cut 4 pieces of 1x3 and routed a 1/4" grove
in them to take a plywood panel. I then routed a 1/4" tongue on the ends of
the short pieces to mate with the grove in the long pieces.

I "intended" on assembling the door and then routing a 1/2" roundover on the
inside and outside edges of the 1x3. I made up a partial sample, and like
how it looks; simple but strong.

Well, it just occurred to me that panel will get in the way of the router
bit and prevent me from doing the inside roundover. And I can't do them
before assembly because they won't fit together properly. And I can't do a
temporary assembly because it will be too flimsy to hold together properly
without glue.

I know there are special router bits for this purpose, but I have already
cut the panel grove, so I am kinda committed.

Any suggestions how to make this work?
In the end I expect I will have to assemble it temporarily and hope for the
best, but hopefully someone will have a better idea.
thanks

Boiler Problem Gradually Getting Worse Frank Davis UK diy 1 October 23rd 03 10:00 PM
Making Trim? Bob S. Woodworking 0 September 5th 03 10:05 PM
Is milwaukee router insrt plate mounting hole pattern same as porter cable pattern Rich Woodworking 1 July 22nd 03 04:22 AM
Sears air compressor starting problem Barry Criner Woodworking 0 July 13th 03 09:39 PM