larry in cinci

Default Novice's router problem

You can place a spline into the groove to give a surface for the router
bearing to ride on. After you route the roundovers then remove the spline
and cope the mortise joints shouldn't be too difficult. Larry
"Wade Lippman" wrote in message
I am making a cabinet door. I cut 4 pieces of 1x3 and routed a 1/4" grove
in them to take a plywood panel. I then routed a 1/4" tongue on the ends

of
the short pieces to mate with the grove in the long pieces.

I "intended" on assembling the door and then routing a 1/2" roundover on

the
inside and outside edges of the 1x3. I made up a partial sample, and like
how it looks; simple but strong.

Well, it just occurred to me that panel will get in the way of the router
bit and prevent me from doing the inside roundover. And I can't do them
before assembly because they won't fit together properly. And I can't do

temporary assembly because it will be too flimsy to hold together properly
without glue.

I know there are special router bits for this purpose, but I have already
cut the panel grove, so I am kinda committed.

Any suggestions how to make this work?
In the end I expect I will have to assemble it temporarily and hope for

the
best, but hopefully someone will have a better idea.
thanks