Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Dremel question

There is another dremel question floating around, but I don't believe it
addresses my question. I use my Dremel to sand tight corners in wood
projects. But the behavior of the Dremel concerns me. When I use it, put
it on 'high' and sand away the stairsteps that the jigsaw leaves in tight
corners, I notice that after removing the Dremel from the surface of the
wood that it begins to speed up alarmingly - running extremely fast and
accelerating. In a situation like this I'll switch it to low speed and wait
for it to drop down. But even on 'low' it will rev up after removing it
from the work piece. Is this normal behavior, is the Dremel speeding up to
cool itself down (I notice vanes in the body of it attached to the motor),
or is this some condition that indicates a problem with the Dremel. I don't
believe myself to be pressing down on the dremel attachment too much - after
all I'm sanding wood not grinding rusty steel.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Eigenvector wrote:
[...]

Normal. Back off on the pressure you apply and let the tool do the work.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"HeyBub" wrote in message
Eigenvector wrote:
[...]

So the shaft of the attachment isn't supposed to bend in a tight arc from
all the pressure I'm exerting on it? Just kidding, fair enough I'll ease up
on the pressure some more.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Eigenvector" wrote in
:

"HeyBub" wrote in message
Normal. Back off on the pressure you apply and let the tool do the
work.

So the shaft of the attachment isn't supposed to bend in a tight arc
from all the pressure I'm exerting on it? Just kidding, fair enough
I'll ease up on the pressure some more.

Also, listen to the tool when you apply it to the work. Does it slow
down when it's pressed to the work? That's normal (but too much is not
letting the tool work, of course).

Puckdropper

Dremel Scrollsaw Station Question Kate Woodworking 0 October 20th 06 08:41 PM
DIY Dremel Dave Baker UK diy 1 February 27th 06 06:08 PM
Dremel type work question SteveB Woodworking 8 December 10th 05 08:12 PM
Dremel SteveB Metalworking 24 December 7th 04 01:11 AM
Dremel question Homestead Store and More Woodturning 3 November 15th 04 06:19 AM