Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Police: Man Uses Nail Gun to Kill Wife, Then Himself

Police: Man Used Nail Gun to Kill Wife

Police: Man, 77, Killed Wife, Then Himself, With Commercial-Grade Nail
Gun

The Associated Press

STAFFORD TOWNSHIP, N.J.

A 77-year-old man killed his wife and then himself with a
commercial-grade nail gun, police said Tuesday.

Police said they don't yet know why James B. Tompkinson, a retired
teacher, would kill his 67-year-old wife, Susan.

A relative who went to their home Monday evening found them and called
911.

When police arrived, Susan Tompkinson was dead of head and chest
trauma and her husband was badly injured. He died Tuesday morning.

Police Lt. Thomas Dellane said there was no history of police calls to
the couple's home.

http://abcnews.go.com/print?id=3456122
Posted to rec.woodworking

"HL. Ward" wrote in message
Police: Man Used Nail Gun to Kill Wife

Police: Man, 77, Killed Wife, Then Himself, With Commercial-Grade Nail
Gun

The Associated Press

STAFFORD TOWNSHIP, N.J.

A 77-year-old man killed his wife and then himself with a
commercial-grade nail gun, police said Tuesday.

Police said they don't yet know why James B. Tompkinson, a retired
teacher, would kill his 67-year-old wife, Susan.

A relative who went to their home Monday evening found them and called
911.

When police arrived, Susan Tompkinson was dead of head and chest
trauma and her husband was badly injured. He died Tuesday morning.

Police Lt. Thomas Dellane said there was no history of police calls to
the couple's home.

http://abcnews.go.com/print?id=3456122

The police didn't have to do very much to nail this one down.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Lee is offline

Bet that it didn't have a warning label about using it for that purpose or
6 pages in the user manual.

"HL. Ward" wrote in message
Police: Man Used Nail Gun to Kill Wife

Police: Man, 77, Killed Wife, Then Himself, With Commercial-Grade Nail
Gun

The Associated Press

STAFFORD TOWNSHIP, N.J.

A 77-year-old man killed his wife and then himself with a
commercial-grade nail gun, police said Tuesday.

Police said they don't yet know why James B. Tompkinson, a retired
teacher, would kill his 67-year-old wife, Susan.

A relative who went to their home Monday evening found them and called
911.

When police arrived, Susan Tompkinson was dead of head and chest
trauma and her husband was badly injured. He died Tuesday morning.

Police Lt. Thomas Dellane said there was no history of police calls to
the couple's home.

http://abcnews.go.com/print?id=3456122

Posted to rec.woodworking

"HL. Ward" wrote in message
Police: Man Used Nail Gun to Kill Wife

Police: Man, 77, Killed Wife, Then Himself, With Commercial-Grade Nail
Gun

The Associated Press

STAFFORD TOWNSHIP, N.J.

A 77-year-old man killed his wife and then himself with a
commercial-grade nail gun, police said Tuesday.

Police said they don't yet know why James B. Tompkinson, a retired
teacher, would kill his 67-year-old wife, Susan.

A relative who went to their home Monday evening found them and called
911.

When police arrived, Susan Tompkinson was dead of head and chest
trauma and her husband was badly injured. He died Tuesday morning.

Police Lt. Thomas Dellane said there was no history of police calls to
the couple's home.

http://abcnews.go.com/print?id=3456122

======Oh, great! Now they're going to add assault nail guns to their list
of banned weapons!!

Leif

Posted to rec.woodworking

efgh wrote:
"HL. Ward" wrote in message
Police: Man Used Nail Gun to Kill Wife

Police: Man, 77, Killed Wife, Then Himself, With Commercial-Grade Nail
Gun

The Associated Press
http://abcnews.go.com/print?id=3456122

The police didn't have to do very much to nail this one down.

You could tack this one up to depression.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

Very slightly related;
One of the grad students in my lab loaned me his finish nailer so i
could complete a job at home that required nailing trim boards between
my rafters where they connect to the main beam of my house. I tested
the nailer in my garage first and discovered that it will fire its
nails without the driver contact being made. It would stick a nail in
pine at least four feet from the gun. I immediately unhooked it and
returned it to the kid Just did not want to take a chance with an
errant firing, especially ten feet up.
Marc
(PS That "nailed this one down" comment was unexpected and very funny.)

Posted to rec.woodworking
tom tom is offline

On Aug 7, 6:21 pm, marc rosen wrote:
Very slightly related;
One of the grad students in my lab loaned me his finish nailer so i
could complete a job at home that required nailing trim boards between
my rafters where they connect to the main beam of my house. I tested
the nailer in my garage first and discovered that it will fire its
nails without the driver contact being made. It would stick a nail in
pine at least four feet from the gun. I immediately unhooked it and
returned it to the kid Just did not want to take a chance with an
errant firing, especially ten feet up.
Marc
(PS That "nailed this one down" comment was unexpected and very funny.)

Just treat every gun as if it had no safety. You'll be okay. Tom

Posted to rec.woodworking

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:
Police: Man Used Nail Gun to Kill Wife

Police: Man, 77, Killed Wife, Then Himself, With Commercial-Grade Nail
Gun

The police didn't have to do very much to nail this one down.

You could tack this one up to depression.

Ouch! THAT's depressingG

I recall a local yute (think "My Cousin Vinny") who fried a few too many
brain cells (jerk never had all that many working to begin with) and
threatened suicide a couple three times. Parents turned all his
firearms over to the police but apparently forgot he was working as a
contractor.

They found him out in the garage, laying against the wall with a nice,
neat hole in his forehead and a rather large spike in his brain.

Laying next to the body was a commercial grade Hilti stud gun. Took a
max load driver cartridge, a big ass concrete nail and a lot of
willpower to hold that sucker against his head and fire away.

Talk about wanting to die in the worst way... Gotta be pretty close to
that goal.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Unquestionably Confused wrote:
I recall a local yute (think "My Cousin Vinny") who fried a few too many
brain cells (jerk never had all that many working to begin with) and
threatened suicide a couple three times. Parents turned all his
firearms over to the police but apparently forgot he was working as a
contractor.

They found him out in the garage, laying against the wall with a nice,
neat hole in his forehead and a rather large spike in his brain.

I can hear him now: "I need this job like I need a hole in my head. I've got
half a mind to quit!".

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

"HL. Ward" wrote

Police: Man Used Nail Gun to Kill Wife

Police: Man, 77, Killed Wife, Then Himself, With Commercial-Grade Nail
Gun

Just don't let Sarah Brady find out about this!!

She will trot out some kind of statistic that all crimes are related to nail
guns.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"HL. Ward" wrote in message ...
Police: Man Used Nail Gun to Kill Wife

Police: Man, 77, Killed Wife, Then Himself, With Commercial-Grade Nail
Gun

The Associated Press

STAFFORD TOWNSHIP, N.J.

A 77-year-old man killed his wife and then himself with a
commercial-grade nail gun, police said Tuesday.

Police said they don't yet know why James B. Tompkinson, a retired
teacher, would kill his 67-year-old wife, Susan.

A relative who went to their home Monday evening found them and called
911.

When police arrived, Susan Tompkinson was dead of head and chest
trauma and her husband was badly injured. He died Tuesday morning.

Police Lt. Thomas Dellane said there was no history of police calls to
the couple's home.

http://abcnews.go.com/print?id=3456122

Just till the glue sets up?

Womdering what nails would be the best for that application. Finish nails or wire nails? 4 inch
ringshank? Galvanised or stainless?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 8, 12:17 am, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN" mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com
wrote:
Unquestionably Confused wrote:
I recall a local yute (think "My Cousin Vinny") who fried a few too many
brain cells (jerk never had all that many working to begin with) and
threatened suicide a couple three times. Parents turned all his
firearms over to the police but apparently forgot he was working as a
contractor.

They found him out in the garage, laying against the wall with a nice,
neat hole in his forehead and a rather large spike in his brain.

I can hear him now: "I need this job like I need a hole in my head. I've got
half a mind to quit!".

--

He likely did it on 'Impulse' (Paslode joke)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 07 Aug 2007 14:56:32 -0500, HL. Ward wrote:

Maybe he was out having a few adult beverages and one of his friends suggested
that he go home and "nail the wife"???

Police: Man Used Nail Gun to Kill Wife

Police: Man, 77, Killed Wife, Then Himself, With Commercial-Grade Nail
Gun

The Associated Press

STAFFORD TOWNSHIP, N.J.

A 77-year-old man killed his wife and then himself with a
commercial-grade nail gun, police said Tuesday.

Police said they don't yet know why James B. Tompkinson, a retired
teacher, would kill his 67-year-old wife, Susan.

A relative who went to their home Monday evening found them and called
911.

When police arrived, Susan Tompkinson was dead of head and chest
trauma and her husband was badly injured. He died Tuesday morning.

Police Lt. Thomas Dellane said there was no history of police calls to
the couple's home.

http://abcnews.go.com/print?id=3456122

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 8, 1:25 pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article , wrote:
On Tue, 07 Aug 2007 14:56:32 -0500, HL. Ward wrote:

you're saying that first he got hammered, then she got nailed -- ?

No, she got hammered, then he got nailed