Posted to rec.woodworking

Default NYWS 20th season only 5 projects

I was watching Norm being interviewed by Popular Woodworking's editor
and he indicated that there would be 4 pieces of furniture built on the last
4 episodes and the first 9 episodes would be dedicated to building a kitchen
and installing the cabinets.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jul 26, 6:04 pm, "Leon" wrote:
I was watching Norm being interviewed by Popular Woodworking's editor
and he indicated that there would be 4 pieces of furniture built on the last
4 episodes and the first 9 episodes would be dedicated to building a kitchen
and installing the cabinets.

Must be thinking about his retirement. A DVD series on building
kitchen cabinets will sell for ages.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Must be thinking about his retirement. A DVD series on building
kitchen cabinets will sell for ages.

Or Russ Morash needs a new kitchen.

Lee

_________________________________
Lee Gordon
http://www.leegordonproductions.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

I was watching Norm being interviewed by Popular Woodworking's editor
and he indicated that there would be 4 pieces of furniture built on the last
4 episodes and the first 9 episodes would be dedicated to building a kitchen
and installing the cabinets.

Must be thinking about his retirement. A DVD series on building
kitchen cabinets will sell for ages.

Saw the same video cast. He says he's got a few more years left to go
before he is finished. Tho, you would think that somewhere, someone
has thought this thru. What a franchise!

I don't doubt that Norm gets some sort of royalty payments from the
sell of the DVD, but I don't think he is worried about dough. With
the NYW and TOH in constant reruns and his personal appearances
for Delta/Porter Cable, he'll be in "sawdust" for quite a long time.

He could even offer private lessons at $1,000 a pop and bet he'd have
a waiting list 100 people deep.

MJ Wallace

Posted to rec.woodworking

Thanks for clearing that up! I've had a hard time trying to guess
what the projects have been so far this year.

I tried to watch the video on the Popular Woodworking web site but it
times out... Will try again later.

Mike Brown

On Jul 26, 3:04 pm, "Leon" wrote:
I was watching Norm being interviewed by Popular Woodworking's editor
and he indicated that there would be 4 pieces of furniture built on the last
4 episodes and the first 9 episodes would be dedicated to building a kitchen
and installing the cabinets.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 22:45:59 -0000, "
wrote:

[...]

Heck I think some might pay $1000 to see if he really does wear safety
glasses.

Can someone do the decent thing for those that can't view this series
'live' by capturing and torrent seeding this new series?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:

I was watching Norm being interviewed by Popular Woodworking's editor
and he indicated that there would be 4 pieces of furniture built on the
last 4 episodes and the first 9 episodes would be dedicated to building a
kitchen and installing the cabinets.

So, he's trying to re-live the This Old House days?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 22:04:09 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

I was watching Norm being interviewed by Popular Woodworking's editor
and he indicated that there would be 4 pieces of furniture built on the last
4 episodes and the first 9 episodes would be dedicated to building a kitchen
and installing the cabinets.

That sounds like it doesn't fit in with past NYW projects and follows
TOH. I enjoyed the Shaker-like projects and shop-made fixtures,
specific machine care/setups, jigs, and shop-made tools. It would be
very interesting to see one of Norm's first episodes.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

I was watching Norm being interviewed by Popular Woodworking's editor
and he indicated that there would be 4 pieces of furniture built on the last
4 episodes and the first 9 episodes would be dedicated to building a kitchen
and installing the cabinets.

I was just thinking about this and man that's brave. PBS can't show
two episodes in a row without stopping for another begathon or running
some other crap in its place around here. The only way I'd ever be
able to see 9 consecutive episodes in any sort of chronological order
and without waiting weeks/months/years between them would be to buy it
on dvd.

-Leuf

Posted to rec.woodworking

news
wrote:

I was watching Norm being interviewed by Popular Woodworking's

editor
and he indicated that there would be 4 pieces of furniture built on the

last
4 episodes and the first 9 episodes would be dedicated to building a

kitchen
and installing the cabinets.

I was just thinking about this and man that's brave. PBS can't show
two episodes in a row without stopping for another begathon or running
some other crap in its place around here. The only way I'd ever be
able to see 9 consecutive episodes in any sort of chronological order
and without waiting weeks/months/years between them would be to buy it
on dvd.

-Leuf

I know exactly how you feel. Twice in a row the local PBS affiliate has run
some idiotic fundraising drivel instead of the second of a two-part project.
They called to ask for a donation. I told them that I would, but I had to
spend the money to order the DVDs. The student-telemarketer couldn't
understand the connection.

Brian

Blinds Can Enhance Your Home's Look Season by Season Hayak Home Repair 1 April 16th 07 11:34 AM
NYWS #1206 Computer desk top question, Joe Woodworking 2 May 4th 05 07:48 AM
NYWS floor space Don Woodworking 8 March 31st 05 07:32 PM
It's Official, NYWS is No longer on HGTV John Woodworking 31 March 24th 05 05:17 PM
New Yankee Workshop Season 2005 projects announced [email protected] Woodworking 0 January 2nd 05 06:45 PM