Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Rubber Sleeves for Belt Sander

My 1940's craftsman 6x48 stationary belt sander has rubber sleeves on each
drum. The drums are about 2 7/8 in diameter and 6 inches long. Anyone know
where I can purchase replacement sleeves, which are like a piece of tire
innertube, and about 1/16 thich ? Thanks, Jim.

Posted to rec.woodworking

JimL wrote:
My 1940's craftsman 6x48 stationary belt sander has rubber sleeves on each
drum. The drums are about 2 7/8 in diameter and 6 inches long. Anyone know
where I can purchase replacement sleeves, which are like a piece of tire
innertube, and about 1/16 thich ? Thanks, Jim.

Have you tried Sears parts? If you have the model number maybe you can go to
www3.sears.com (yes, include the "3"). I bought the sleeves for my 103.22350
(from about 1950) a couple of years ago. Couldn't believe they still carried them.

Wayne