Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Door jamb undercutting (follow-up)

A while back, the group gave me some great input for power tools to
undercut doors. I was that close to buying a Multimaster!

I ended up passing on the new tool purchase, and undercutting all the
door jambs and door moldings with my DeWalt biscuit joiner, finishing
the deepest cuts with my Bauco reversible flush cut hand saw. It
worked great, but two cuts from the finish I hit a nail and nicked the
blade, so I'll probably be springing for a new blade.

I made a custom shim that attaches to the footplate of the DeWalt so
the top of the saw kerf matched the flooring thickness.

Thanks for all the tips!

** http://www.bburke.com/woodworking.html **