Mike S.

Default Dedicated Dovetail router question

A few weeks ago I picked up the PC dovetail jig and a PC 690lr to be used
just for dovetails. It took a while to get the router adjusted to where they
come out perfect. Question is this, I was reading somewhere (can't remember
where) that one shouldn't leave the bushings and router bit in the router.
Do those of you that use a dedicated router for dovetails leave the bushing
and bit in it? I don't need it for other router work, I have the Bosch
1617EVS for table and general router work.

--
Mike S.

B a r r y B u r k e J r .

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 01:20:38 GMT, "Mike S."
wrote:

Do those of you that use a dedicated router for dovetails leave the bushing
and bit in it?

I don't see where this would cause a problem.

Barry
JLucas ILS

Well I am the minority opinion, itr seems. I remove the bit at end of day and
use a setup block I cut for returning the bit to that same position. Otherwise
overtime, the collet will lose its spring and sometimes you wont get the the
bit out. It may be an old wives tale, but then again, I am married to old wive
and do what she ssays.
jim wilson

"Mike S." wrote in message ...
A few weeks ago I picked up the PC dovetail jig and a PC 690lr to be used
just for dovetails. It took a while to get the router adjusted to where they
come out perfect. Question is this, I was reading somewhere (can't remember
where) that one shouldn't leave the bushings and router bit in the router.
Do those of you that use a dedicated router for dovetails leave the bushing
and bit in it? I don't need it for other router work, I have the Bosch
1617EVS for table and general router work.

Wow, man, you've got a router just for dovetailing.. totally
dedicated? That majorly kicks ass! You've got my daddy there. I only
have one craftsman router that I am forced to use for all purposes,
both handheld and table. I'm going to have to save up my money to get
another one. What a great idea, seriously. I like it, it seems like it
would save you a lot of setup time.