Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Stirling project web page updated

One more step toward solar-powered shop air conditioning...

I've just updated the web page at
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/StirlingProject.html with a photo of a
scaled-up fluidyne built with (mostly) four-inch schedule 40 PVC pipe.
This is likely to be a forerunner of the engine that'll be used both
for pumping and air-conditioning applications.

It's the last picture on the page.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking

I've just updated the web page athttp://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/StirlingProject.htmlwith a photo of a
scaled-up fluidyne built with (mostly) four-inch schedule 40 PVC pipe.
This is likely to be a forerunner of the engine that'll be used both
for pumping and air-conditioning applications.

Fascinating - thanks for sharing as always!
Andy

Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Fri, Jul 13, 2007, 2:50am (EDT-1) (Morris*Dovey) doty
sayeth:
One more step toward solar-powered shop air conditioning...snip

Hi ya Morris. I may have posted this link before.
http://mb-soft.com/solar/saving.html

And, if you don't already have copies, there's a two volume set
Seam And Stirling Engines You Can Build. Very interesting. I'm pretty
sure they're out of print, but I usualy buy used books anyway, usually
much more inexpensive that way.

JOAT
I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do
them.
- Picasso

Posted to rec.woodworking

J T wrote:
| Fri, Jul 13, 2007, 2:50am (EDT-1) (Morris Dovey)
| doty sayeth:
| One more step toward solar-powered shop air conditioning...snip
|
| Hi ya Morris. I may have posted this link before.

http://mb-soft.com/solar/saving.html

Yup - not a new idea. It seems like a perfectly reasonable approach -
but has a hidden flaw: sooner or later you'll find yourself ill from
the mold that grows in the underground plenum. To get around this
minor inconvenience, install a geothermal heat pump.

| And, if you don't already have copies, there's a two volume set
| Seam And Stirling Engines You Can Build. Very interesting. I'm
| pretty sure they're out of print, but I usualy buy used books
| anyway, usually much more inexpensive that way.

I'm tempted to try writing a new one called: "How to build a
no-mechanical-parts Stirling engine without a machine shop"...

...if I could just figure it out. :-)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar