Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Default Fans of "How It's Made" TV Show Here?

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"SteveB" wrote in message
And yes, I do love to watch How's It Made, as their shows cover the
commonest of things, many of which I had wondered about. Many times, the
way they do it is so very simple, one wants to slap themself in the
forehead and say, "Duh!"

Steve

I'm often amazed at the common items that sell for a buck or two require
some expensive and sophisticated machinery to accomplish the end result.
Ed

Volume volume volume...

The segment on end mills was quite impressive. Makes you wonder why they
don't cost more than they do.

For the woodworkers, how about that coffin segment?

Pete C.
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Default Unions! ( Fans of "How It's Made" TV Show Here?

I was in the orchestra for a local performance of "Disney on Parade". We
had set up when someone came over and told us we had to move 6 feet to the
right. The conductor threw a fit and said our union could not pick up a
music stand or , God forbid, a chair. After an hour or so of sitting some
stage hands came over and moved us. Not end of story.... after an hour of
rehearsal the director decided we were facing the wrong way and needed to
move again... this time, it was his idea and we were all directed to pick up
our stuff and move. How the tides change!

LLB

"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote in
message ...
"B A R R Y" wrote in message
On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 11:54:12 -0400, "Proctologically Violated©®"
wrote:
Cain't get much cheaper than Mike Rowe, on Dirty Jobs.
I mean, what's he got? Him, one camera guy, and an digital editor. And
Mike, I bleeve, does his own writing/scripting.
Intelligent guy. One of the few watchable programs.

An excellent show!

My wife likes Mike's pecs. G

Ever seen Survivorman? That would really get your SAG dander up!
Imagine this... A guy with an idea makes up his own show, writes the
music. "performs it", films it, edits it, and doesn't have to pay a
bunch of do-nothings to sit around and collect union-scale!

Are you a SAG member or a member of one of the various lame-ass
production unions?

I used to love when one of my touring crew members slid a stage
monitor 5 feet, and the union house dickheads tried to organize a
penalty strike. All because nobody spent 1/2 hour+ trying to find and
peel one of them away from the crew buffet or outdoor smoking area
long enough to move it for us. G

Did you say crew buffet?? !! g

Not SAG, but my union occasionally crosses paths with their union, and I
got to hang out with a bunch of extras, and the two gerlz who were
priviledged enough to get paid SAG rates to massage Meg Ryan's feet, after
an oh-so tiresome take of about 7.5 seconds. whew

But man, the food was incredible!

Yeah, they call it working "out of title" and unions get pretty bent
overdat.

Seems totally absurd to the outside world, is hated by management, and
indeed violates many of the tenets of cooperation, altruism,
efficiency/productivity, and all the other good things in a good world.
But, the world in fact sucks, and this union mentality **** is a backlash
to a long history of abuse, and likely much worse abuse in the future by
management et al.
There is an unfortunate logic to this, and to strict seniority systems
(you know, where actual competence is irrelevant).
It's really a pick-yer-poison type deal:
Go fukn loony with a corrupt merit-based system (where everyone plays a
kind of "office chicken" after 5 pm, to see who cracks and goes home
first--I could do it 'til about 8-9 pm. Now I get paid by the literal
minute. g)
OR
Get strangled by a brain-dead seniority system, but where you at least can
stay sane, albeit a little recalcitrant (hey, dats not my job....)

Unions will eventually lose The Battle by default, by definition, when
there are simply no more jobs left, proportionately speaking.

Malthus, donchaknow....
Oh, and the P4 chip....

We are headed toward an ass-****ing of cosmic proportions, of
astronomically deep penetration--think black hole.

And, basically, we have brought it on ourselves, with boucou help from the
P4 chip.
1. We tip our philistinic hand every time we buy sumpn or click dat
mouse, information-wise--sorta like playing fuknPoker with a camera behind
our shoulder.
2. We've gone hog-wild over Reality TV and GirlsGonefuknWild, perhaps the
most degenerate and reprobate pubic offering ever devised.
3. Speaking of Poker:
If Golf wadn't bad enough, and as if ketchup were a vegetable, now
Poker is sport-ish enough to be aired on ESPN--AND the Travel Channel.
goodeffingawd.... Just HOW did DAT happen??????

When the Bilderbergers saw us watching fuknPoker, that was the draw that
broke the camel's hand g...

We have so willingly eviscerated our own culture, we have essentially
written the following message--in blood on whitewashed walls-- to the
Powers Dat Be (the Bilderbergers, of course):
"Whatever crumbs you thought we might have deserved, QOL-wise, as your
Servant Rabble, we shall show you that that was far too generous, and
really all we are worthy of is a mile-long trough of flowing slop, running
water in our gutters to eventually move the old feces along, cots in
windowless zinc-roofed barracks so we can at least **** (variously) at
night, and old 55 gal chemical drums to catch the fresh water runoff from
said zinc roofs."

And bleeve me, dats exactly what we're headed for.

Start practicing yer dumpster-diving NOW, mutha****as, cuz it's gonna get
real competitive perty soon.
We may not even need running water in our gutters to move the feces along
in the gutters--there might be enough blood for that.
--
------

Absolutely Vote, but NOT for a Democrat or a Republican.
Ending Corruption in Congress is the *Single Best Way*
to Materially Improve Your Family's Life.
The Solution is so simple--and inexpensive!

all d'numbuhs

** http://www.bburke.com/woodworking.html **

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Winston wrote:

Joe AutoDrill wrote:
No... I don't work for them, get $ or anything else...

I'm a huge fan of the TV show and now this is an interesting web site that
seems to have the same type of info in a different format...

Terrific show.

It'd be cool to see printed circuit boards stuffed and wave soldered too.

--Winston

Wave solder is pretty much a thing of the past. Pick-n-place,
followed by a reflow ovens for surface mount components have pretty much
taken over. You can't see the actual reflow process, because you have
to be very careful of the oven profile for each type of board made on
that oven. BTDT with both the early "Pizza oven" type reflow oven,
followed by a new Heller oven.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Unions are nothing more than poker chips in politicians pocket.
They are the white man's NAACP with the real benifits going to the groups
leaders while the rank and file Pay,Pay ,Pay Legalized extorsion plain
and simple.
Yes ...there was a time when unions were the savior of working class ...but
.... like $.50 a gallon gas it's no more ten a memory

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Unions are GREAT. (If you're a business agent, and official, or part of the
staff.)

Steve

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

"Winston" wrote in message
Joe AutoDrill wrote:
No... I don't work for them, get $ or anything else...

I'm a huge fan of the TV show and now this is an interesting web site
that seems to have the same type of info in a different format...

Terrific show.

It'd be cool to see printed circuit boards stuffed and wave soldered too.

--Winston

I just watched Ratzenberger's show the other day which showed him trying to
stuff circuit boards,then wave soldering circuit boards which go into fire
alarm pull boxes.
Assembly woman tells John " don't put those little coils in backwards or the
board will explode...." :-)

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

gordo wrote:

Assembly woman tells John " don't put those little coils in backwards or the
board will explode...." :-)

Ah yes. those treacherous polarized inductors.

--Winston
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

--
Never take a laxative and sleeping pill together
"Winston" wrote in message
gordo wrote:

Assembly woman tells John " don't put those little coils in backwards or

the
board will explode...." :-)

Ah yes. those treacherous polarized inductors.

--Winston

Those puck marks were a dead giveaway. She forgot to use the AC battery

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 10:57:18 -0400, "Proctologically Violated©®"
wrote:

as if ketchup were a vegetable

An interesting question indeed.
The US Supreme court sez that it is (but only in the US
I expect .. perhaps including Iraq ...)
But ronnie raygun tried to count a packet of it as a vegetable
(school lunch nutritional facts & conservative values) ....

Perhaps we should also ask what the difference is
between a motel & a hotel ... only hotels can use "hotel" ...
--
Cliff
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,alt.aol.tricks,misc.survivalism

On 18 Jul 2007 04:37:49 GMT, D Murphy wrote:

Cliff wrote in
:

wrote:

as if ketchup were a vegetable

An interesting question indeed.
The US Supreme court sez that it is (but only in the US
I expect .. perhaps including Iraq ...)
But ronnie raygun tried to count a packet of it as a vegetable
(school lunch nutritional facts & conservative values) ....

Perhaps we should also ask what the difference is
between a motel & a hotel ... only hotels can use "hotel" ...

Pehaps you should ask why we should be providing a free lunch in the
first place. Instead of ****ing and moaning about some proposed policy
change from a quarter century ago.

Since when are fruits vegetables?
Or making a packet of ketchup a vegetable for counting
nutritional needs a good idea?

If people can't provide three squares a day for their own progeny,
perhaps they should be punished for being dirtbags, their kids taken
away, and put in a place where they are taken care of properly. At least
until such a time as the "parents" get their acts together. Sheesh. Even
if you are on food stamps the least you can do is get your lazy ass out
of bed in the morning and slap together a PB&J for the little *******s to
take to school for lunch.

So you are in favor of "food stamps"? Do they take them at the
schools for hot meals?

Did you raise any children? Did you feed them?

You have the sensibilities of a four year old child. Or is that your
"liberal values" shining through?

I know both what a fruit is and what a legal US hotel is G.
--
Cliff

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,alt.aol.tricks,misc.survivalism

On 18 Jul 2007 04:37:49 GMT, D Murphy wrote:

If people can't provide three squares a day for their own progeny,
perhaps they should be punished for being dirtbags, their kids taken
away, and put in a place where they are taken care of properly.

You are aware that putting children in foster care or an orphanage will
cost you a whole lot more of your precious tax dollars than free school
lunches do?

Monika.

--
Spell checkers not to be used by muggles, under-age witches and wizards,
or non-human magical beings.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8 Aug 2007 03:42:24 GMT, D Murphy wrote:

Monika Krug wrote in
:

On 18 Jul 2007 04:37:49 GMT, D Murphy wrote:

If people can't provide three squares a day for their own progeny,
perhaps they should be punished for being dirtbags, their kids taken
away, and put in a place where they are taken care of properly.

You are aware that putting children in foster care or an orphanage will
cost you a whole lot more of your precious tax dollars than free school
lunches do?

So it's better to save money and have the child be neglected?

Sorry. I don't think so.

You must not be from here, tax dollars in the US are far from precious.
They are squandered with reckless abandon. It would be a refreshing change
of pace to have them spent on something worthwhile, like saving a kid from
his or her worthless drug addicted parents.

It's a question of morality. Do the rights of the parents outweigh the
welfare of the child?

I don't think they should. There is no excuse for not being able to feed
you kid in this country, no matter your situation.

I'm all for giving the kids back to the parents if the parents can get
their act together.

The only need for government subsidized hot lunches comes from politically
connected contractors who want the business. There's zero need for hot
lunches at school, let alone absurdly expensive, nutritionally substandard,
"free" ones.

Wow! While I can agree with much of the first part of your email, I
cannot for the life of me understand how you can see school lunches,
at approximately $2.25 (including all subsidies from Federal, State
and local sources) per meal as "expensive". Have you eaten out
recently? As to nutritionally substandard, I do not think that you
have read any of the nutrition requirements that must be met by a
school lunch program in order to be eligible for federal subsidy. You
may or may not like the taste of whatever is being served at your
local program, but I would dare say that the nutritional values in the
whole meal are probably far above what most kids (poor, rich, middle
class, black, white, or green) are receiving at home for lunches.
Don't even start on the sugar coated carbs being served to most kids
for breakfast - when their (again poor, rich, middle class, black,
white, or green) parents get their asses out of bed early enough to
actually feed them breakfasts. Of all of the welfare programs in
existence, the least arguable one is the school lunch program, in my
opinion. They can't trade the meals in for drugs like food stamps or
housing vouchers. They can't destroy it like welfare housing. They
can't use it to buy $150 sneakers like welfare checks. It is food to
be consumed. Yeah, they can throw too much away, eat the crap portion
and leave the good stuff on the plate, etc., etc., but it is a direct
benefit to a child. Not to the lazy asses that can't or won't feed
them, not to some landlord that charges mansion rents on subsidized
hovels, not to guys driving 2007 caddys to the bank to cash the
welfare check. Wow!

Dave Hall
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,alt.aol.tricks,misc.survivalism
Joe Joe is offline

"Monika Krug" wrote in message
On 18 Jul 2007 04:37:49 GMT, D Murphy wrote:

If people can't provide three squares a day for their own progeny,
perhaps they should be punished for being dirtbags, their kids taken
away, and put in a place where they are taken care of properly.

You are aware that putting children in foster care or an orphanage will
cost you a whole lot more of your precious tax dollars than free school
lunches do?

Monika.

Murpie is prolly one of those Flush Limpbaugh dittoheads that can't really
think for himself.

He feels like a winner when he aligns himself with the money-grubbin
republicums.

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,alt.aol.tricks,misc.survivalism

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 05:41:04 -0400, "Joe" - wrote:

Murpie is prolly one of those Flush Limpbaugh dittoheads that can't really
think for himself.

He feels like a winner when he aligns himself with the money-grubbin
republicums.

See the love and tolerence of the typical Libtard.

Gunner

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,alt.aol.tricks,misc.survivalism

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 08:48:19 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 05:41:04 -0400, "Joe" - wrote:

Murpie is prolly one of those Flush Limpbaugh dittoheads that can't really
think for himself.

He feels like a winner when he aligns himself with the money-grubbin
republicums.

See the love and tolerence of the typical Libtard.

You can feel gummer's warmth ....
--
Cliff

"DIY Disasters" ....TV's worst ever DIY show? Rick J H UK diy 43 July 12th 07 12:11 AM
"Friends are born, not made." !!!! By: "Henry Brooks Adams" [email protected] Home Repair 1 February 1st 07 02:25 PM
"Hugger" ceiling fans pj Home Repair 6 June 26th 06 04:43 PM
"Hugger" ceiling fans pj Home Ownership 7 June 26th 06 04:43 PM