Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking,rec.woodworking

Default My simple mailbox, made from recycled wood

Last fall we replaced our Pearson windows. After thirty years, the plastic
tracks had almost completely disintigrated, but the cedar they were stapled
into was as good as new. I removed the hardware and sliced some of it into
strips, then glued up a few panels. Here's a picture of the mailbox I made
out of them:

http://www.manyirons.com/Puker/image...0-may-2007.JPG

- Owen -

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking,rec.woodworking

Owen Lawrence wrote:
Here's a picture of the mailbox I made
out of them:

http://www.manyirons.com/Puker/image...0-may-2007.JPG

Nice recycling job!
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking,rec.woodworking

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
t...
Owen Lawrence wrote:
Here's a picture of the mailbox I made out of them:

http://www.manyirons.com/Puker/image...0-may-2007.JPG

Nice recycling job!

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking,rec.woodworking

Nice save - good work!

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking,rec.woodworking

That was some nice grain in that wood.
Something tells me they dont make windows like that anymore either.

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message

Nice save - good work!

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking,rec.woodworking

Owen Lawrence wrote:
Last fall we replaced our Pearson windows. After thirty years, the plastic
tracks had almost completely disintigrated, but the cedar they were stapled
into was as good as new. I removed the hardware and sliced some of it into
strips, then glued up a few panels. Here's a picture of the mailbox I made
out of them:

http://www.manyirons.com/Puker/image...0-may-2007.JPG

- Owen -

Once upon a time, I thought about making mailboxes for our local thrice
annual artisans walk and sale. Then it occurred to me that they would
never sell because we don't get home delivery. Oh well...

grumble,
jo4hn

p.s. exquisite job on the box.