Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Anyone have a Delta benchtop ROS?

I just bought a Delta benchtop ROS at a garage sale and have a few
questions.

1) It came with hook/loop and SA sandpaper. The h/l is obvious, but how do
you use the SA? Do you have to pull the hook pad off, and then raise the
height to adjust for the thinner material? Sadly, no instructions came with
it.

2) It does oscillate, but it mainly spins around counterclockwise. My
handheld ROS don't spin like that; it is supposed to do that?

Any advice in general would be appreciated.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , Toller
wrote:

I just bought a Delta benchtop ROS at a garage sale and have a few
questions.

I've got the 31-750C. Picked up in a palette sale blow-out at the Borg
a few years ago.

1) It came with hook/loop and SA sandpaper. The h/l is obvious, but how do
you use the SA? Do you have to pull the hook pad off, and then raise the
height to adjust for the thinner material? Sadly, no instructions came with
it.

I've got a h/l pad that takes the s/a paper, so it's at the right
height.

2) It does oscillate, but it mainly spins around counterclockwise. My
handheld ROS don't spin like that; it is supposed to do that?

Yes, mine spins and oscillates.

Posted to rec.woodworking
JGS JGS is offline

I found that the SA paper is a lot cheaper and more available in my neck of
the woods. So I just leave the H/L adapter pad on. Cheers, JG

"Toller" wrote in message
I just bought a Delta benchtop ROS at a garage sale and have a few
questions.

1) It came with hook/loop and SA sandpaper. The h/l is obvious, but how
do you use the SA? Do you have to pull the hook pad off, and then raise
the height to adjust for the thinner material? Sadly, no instructions
came with it.

2) It does oscillate, but it mainly spins around counterclockwise. My
handheld ROS don't spin like that; it is supposed to do that?

Any advice in general would be appreciated.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message
news:260620072005074980%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderst one.ca...
In article , Toller
wrote:

I just bought a Delta benchtop ROS at a garage sale and have a few
questions.

I've got the 31-750C. Picked up in a palette sale blow-out at the Borg
a few years ago.

1) It came with hook/loop and SA sandpaper. The h/l is obvious, but how
do
you use the SA? Do you have to pull the hook pad off, and then raise the
height to adjust for the thinner material? Sadly, no instructions came
with
it.

I've got a h/l pad that takes the s/a paper, so it's at the right
height.

So do I; I just didn't know what it was! Thanks.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

I just bought a Delta benchtop ROS at a garage sale and have a few
questions.

I've got the 31-750C. Picked up in a palette sale blow-out at the Borg
a few years ago.

1) It came with hook/loop and SA sandpaper. The h/l is obvious, but how
do
you use the SA? Do you have to pull the hook pad off, and then raise the
height to adjust for the thinner material? Sadly, no instructions came
with
it.

I've got a h/l pad that takes the s/a paper, so it's at the right
height.

So do I; I just didn't know what it was! Thanks.

Cool. Happy to help.