Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Nickel Plated Oval Head Screws

Hi all,

Does anyone have a good source for buying nickel plated screws?
Specifically, I'm looking for nickel plated (polished), oval slot head
wood screws. I can't seem to find a vendor online who has it.

As a side note, these screws are for some bathroom fixtures that are
also polished nickel - some were ruined in the installation.

Thanks!!

Jason
Posted to rec.woodworking

Jason wrote:

Does anyone have a good source for buying nickel plated screws?
Specifically, I'm looking for nickel plated (polished), oval slot head
wood screws. I can't seem to find a vendor online who has it.

As a side note, these screws are for some bathroom fixtures that are
also polished nickel - some were ruined in the installation.

1) Try the supplier who sold you the fixtures.
2) Any decent hardware store.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Thanks, Lew!

Well, the supplier is in England so I was hoping to avoid that route,
and the local (apparently indecent) hardware stores don't have the oval
head variety.

But I'll keep looking!

-J

Lew Hodgett wrote:
Jason wrote:

Does anyone have a good source for buying nickel plated screws?
Specifically, I'm looking for nickel plated (polished), oval slot head
wood screws. I can't seem to find a vendor online who has it.

As a side note, these screws are for some bathroom fixtures that are
also polished nickel - some were ruined in the installation.

1) Try the supplier who sold you the fixtures.
2) Any decent hardware store.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article m,
Jason wrote:

Hi all,

Does anyone have a good source for buying nickel plated screws?
Specifically, I'm looking for nickel plated (polished), oval slot head
wood screws. I can't seem to find a vendor online who has it.

As a side note, these screws are for some bathroom fixtures that are
also polished nickel - some were ruined in the installation.

Thanks!!

Jason

Try www.jamestowndistributors.com or www.mcfeelys.com. They both have a
pretty good selection of all kinds of weirdo screws.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Jason wrote:

Well, the supplier is in England so I was hoping to avoid that route,
and the local (apparently indecent) hardware stores don't have the oval
head variety.

Are you telling me you served as your own importer?

If not, check with the importer.

I'd be willing to wager some serious money that you have at least one
good hardware store within 30 miles, unless you reside on the moon.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Be careful there, I have one Do It Best that I refuse to shop at due to high
prices and we'll get it in next tuesday policy and one lumber yard that does
a fair job on hardware. The next hardware store or borg of any kind is 32 +
miles away. I am sure that I am not the only one it that type of area.
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
k.net...
Jason wrote:

Well, the supplier is in England so I was hoping to avoid that route, and
the local (apparently indecent) hardware stores don't have the oval head
variety.

Are you telling me you served as your own importer?

If not, check with the importer.

I'd be willing to wager some serious money that you have at least one good
hardware store within 30 miles, unless you reside on the moon.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Roy,

Thanks for the lead. I'm a big fan of McFeely's and the jamestown place
looks great! Neither lists nickel plated on their site, but it's worth
an email to customer service!

Cheers,
Jason

Roy Smith wrote:
In article m,
Jason wrote:

Hi all,

Does anyone have a good source for buying nickel plated screws?
Specifically, I'm looking for nickel plated (polished), oval slot head
wood screws. I can't seem to find a vendor online who has it.

As a side note, these screws are for some bathroom fixtures that are
also polished nickel - some were ruined in the installation.

Thanks!!

Jason

Try www.jamestowndistributors.com or www.mcfeelys.com. They both have a
pretty good selection of all kinds of weirdo screws.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lol, no, Lew, of course not.

Unfortunately, the kitchen & bath place where I purchased the fixtures
gave me the "we'll have to check on it" nonsense. This is what I get for
buying top-shelf imported stuff. I almost (almost) wish I had bought the
chrome-plated plastic junk from Home Depot. Almost.

-J

Lew Hodgett wrote:
Jason wrote:

Well, the supplier is in England so I was hoping to avoid that route,
and the local (apparently indecent) hardware stores don't have the
oval head variety.

Are you telling me you served as your own importer?

If not, check with the importer.

I'd be willing to wager some serious money that you have at least one
good hardware store within 30 miles, unless you reside on the moon.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Jason wrote:
Lol, no, Lew, of course not.

Unfortunately, the kitchen & bath place where I purchased the fixtures
gave me the "we'll have to check on it" nonsense. This is what I

get for
buying top-shelf imported stuff. I almost (almost) wish I had

bought the
chrome-plated plastic junk from Home Depot. Almost.

Can relate to the off shore products comments.

You would be surprised how much yacht hardware comes from Europe, the
UK, NZ and OZ.

Start looking for a good local hardware store.

They will have a packaged assortment of various specialty fasteners
including nickel plated oval.

Jamestown will have oval head S/S, but by the box of 100.

Good luck.

I'd still be tempted to solve my problem with the supplier.

Lew
Posted to rec.woodworking

sweet sawdust wrote:
Be careful there, I have one Do It Best that I refuse to shop at

due to high
prices and we'll get it in next tuesday policy and one lumber yard

that does
a fair job on hardware.

By definition, they qualifyG.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Both McMaster Carr and MSC Direct have a vast selection of screws.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 25, 8:51 pm, Jason wrote:
Hi all,

McFeely's does list #6 x 5/8" Nickel Plated Slide Mounting Screw