Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Hardware source question

--One of the woodworking catalogs, forgot which one, has a bunch of
polished brass widgets that can be used to construct a bar; i.e. the brass
railing for your feet, the brass brackets to hold the railing, brass sweeps
to turn corners, etc. Can anyone recall who's catalog that stuff is in?
--TIA,

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Mostly somnambulent,
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : occasionally brilliant...
Posted to rec.woodworking

VanDyke's - www.vandykes.com

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking

VanDyke's - www.vandykes.com

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Rockler also sells then:

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...r=brass%20rail

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

Nova wrote:

| Rockler also sells then:

They do - but if I recommended Rockler to someone and that person
received stuff as cheap/shoddy as my last Rockler order, it'd reflect
badly on me. I was amazed that the shipping charge from Minnesota was
more than the cost of the product, but understood as soon as I opened
the package - the shipping was _worth_ more.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking

--One of the woodworking catalogs, forgot which one, has a bunch of
polished brass widgets that can be used to construct a bar; i.e. the brass
railing for your feet, the brass brackets to hold the railing, brass sweeps
to turn corners, etc. Can anyone recall who's catalog that stuff is in?

Rockler?
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?O...Select=Details
Andy

Posted to rec.woodworking

steamer wrote in
:

--One of the woodworking catalogs, forgot which one, has a bunch
of
polished brass widgets that can be used to construct a bar; i.e. the
brass railing for your feet, the brass brackets to hold the railing,
brass sweeps to turn corners, etc. Can anyone recall who's catalog
that stuff is in?
--TIA,

Lee Valley has a whole catalog full of interesting, if not cheap, hardware
stuff. WAAAAY more than shows up on the Internet web pages.

'tis a threat to domestic financial security, it is. But good looking
stuff, and well done.

They'll send you a catalog, if asked nicely. www.leevalley.com

Don't even start on the gardening stuff...

Patriarch
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Patriarch" wrote in message

Lee Valley has a whole catalog full of interesting, if not cheap, hardware
stuff. WAAAAY more than shows up on the Internet web pages.
They'll send you a catalog, if asked nicely. www.leevalley.com

Unfortunately, I've never seen any bar rail stuff from them and I have been
through all their catalogues a number of times. For the original OP, I did
build a rustic bar for a friend of mine several years ago, and I used chair
rail with standoff supports as a foot rest for anyone sitting at the bar. It
worked out really well, was very easy to put together and satisfactorily,
was quite cheap to build.

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

steamer wrote:
--One of the woodworking catalogs, forgot which one, has a bunch of
polished brass widgets that can be used to construct a bar; i.e. the brass
railing for your feet, the brass brackets to hold the railing, brass sweeps
to turn corners, etc. Can anyone recall who's catalog that stuff is in?

In addition to the others already posted, iirc Woodworkers' Supply has
at least some as well.