Posted to rec.woodworking

Default CRAFTSMAN ROUTER MODEL NO. 315.175040

Does anyone have a owners manual for a CRAFTSMAN ROUTER MODEL NO.
315.175040

I have tried the Sears homepage but they want $5 for the manual and $7 for
shipping. There has got to be a better way. If some one is able to assist
me, please email me and let me know how much it will set me back. I would
even take an electronic copy. Any and all help would be appriciated.

Conrad..................

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Conrad" wrote in message
news
Does anyone have a owners manual for a CRAFTSMAN ROUTER MODEL NO.
315.175040

I have tried the Sears homepage but they want $5 for the manual and $7
for shipping. There has got to be a better way. If some one is able to
assist me, please email me and let me know how much it will set me
back. I would even take an electronic copy. Any and all help would be
appriciated.

Conrad..................

I don't have a manual, however, based on my experience with "crapsman"
routers, the best solution would be Porter Cable or ANY of the others.
The Craftsman routers have 3 failures that I have personally seen: they
throw fan blades, they throw a winding/commutator segment or if it
survives
those two, the collet wears and since all the ones I have seen are part
of the armature shaft and not replaceable, you have to replace the whole
router (and collets do wear - the bits will start "creeping out" - now
that is a spooky adventure (and it ruins the project too)). I will
admit that
the Craftsman router that I used to have really made me appreciate the
PC router that I bought to replace it !!

mikey

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
"Mike Fields" spam_me_not_mr.gadget2@comcastDOTnet wrote:

... the collet wears and since all the ones I have seen are part
of the armature shaft and not replaceable, you have to replace the whole
router (and collets do wear - the bits will start "creeping out" - now
that is a spooky adventure (and it ruins the project too)). I will
admit that

Or why I ditched mine

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv
Posted to rec.woodworking

Conrad wrote:
Thanks for the info on the "crapsman" tools I pick it up at a garage sale
with no instructions.

Conrad, I was given (freebie) a brand new Craftsman router and was quite
tickled to get it -- until I tried to route a groove with it. The bit
walked out of the collet and the groove kept getting deeper and deeper.

That was pretty unsettling. I've worked around high-speed equipment for
years -- the collet was properly tightened. I reset it and re-tightened
it, this time over-tightening by a wide margin but getting the same result.

It's a well-known 'feature' of their routers sometimes referred to as
"automatic depth adjustment" or "variable bit heighth". Carried to the
logical conclusion, the results could be painful.

I'm not familiar with that model ... but I retired my 1/4" Craftsman
router almost immediately -- before it could 'retire' me.

Bill

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000752-2, 06/27/2007
Tested on: 6/28/2007 1:46:08 AM

Posted to rec.woodworking

BillinDetroit wrote:
Conrad wrote:
[...]

AAMOF, look at Item #6 in the "anti-faq" posted he

http://www.shavings.net/anti_faq.htm

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000752-2, 06/27/2007
Tested on: 6/28/2007 1:53:43 AM

Posted to rec.woodworking

13 years later....I have a manual lol

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...40-383285-.htm

Craftsman table saw, anyone know this model? Pason Home Repair 4 May 5th 07 04:08 AM
Old Craftsman Circular Saw: Model 207.2560 Chas Home Repair 1 December 15th 06 02:14 PM
building a router table for a craftsman router coltrane Woodworking 4 April 4th 05 05:07 PM
Can one use the Dremel Advantage Plunge Router Attachment (Model 963-01) with Standard Router Bits? Adriaan Sachtler Woodworking 1 January 20th 04 02:33 AM
craftsman sander Model #113.22580 Tony D. Woodworking 0 December 17th 03 12:34 AM