coltrane

Default building a router table for a craftsman router

I have an old craftsman router which I never used much because I didn't
have a table. I would like to build one but where can I get the parts
to build one, i.e. the plate.
Are there generic kits or do I need one from craftsman, hopefully not.

thanks for your help

john

Andy Dingley

On 3 Apr 2005 11:50:25 -0700, "coltrane"
wrote:

I would like to build one but where can I get the parts
to build one, i.e. the plate.

You can make the table, the fence and even the insert plate.
http://codesmiths.com/shed/workshop/.../router_table/

My insert plates are made of fibrous cement board, phenolic
cheeseboards from aircraft galley trays, and (best of all) electrical
switchgear insulating board. I have some sort of aversion to ever
buying router equipment (must be after wasting all that money on the
Incra fence).

--
Smert' spamionam
Edwin Pawlowski

"coltrane" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have an old craftsman router which I never used much because I didn't
have a table. I would like to build one but where can I get the parts
to build one, i.e. the plate.
Are there generic kits or do I need one from craftsman, hopefully not.

thanks for your help

Some plates are pre-drilled for a few of the more popular routers. You can
buy a blank and drill your own. Some have a template for the more popular
models. Any good woodworking supply store will have them or places like
www.routerbits.com carry the Benchdog line. If you have access to aluminum
plate, you can make your own.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Prometheus

wrote:

I have an old craftsman router which I never used much because I didn't
have a table. I would like to build one but where can I get the parts
to build one, i.e. the plate.
Are there generic kits or do I need one from craftsman, hopefully not.

I used 1/4" hardboard for mine, and it works great. Just take the
plastic plate off the bottom of the router to mark the where the holes
need to be.

thanks for your help

john

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
coltrane

thanks all,

I found an inexpensive table that will work with my router.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

I guess this counts as a way

thanks again

john