Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Powermatic and StopSaw in Canada

I am in the market for a 10" cabinet saw. I read the reviews in Fine
Woodworking and they gave the "thumbs up" to the Powermatic PM2000 and
the StopSaw.
I'd love to purchase either of these two saws but can't for the life
of me find them in Ontario. I called Powermatic in the U.S. They gave
me four phone numbers in the GTA of Powermatic dealers and they all
responded "huh?" or "whatamatic?".
If anyone knows where to but good machine tools like these please let
me know.
Thanks a million.

Posted to rec.woodworking

heartsap wrote:
I am in the market for a 10" cabinet saw. I read the reviews in Fine
Woodworking and they gave the "thumbs up" to the Powermatic PM2000 and
the StopSaw.
I'd love to purchase either of these two saws but can't for the life
of me find them in Ontario. I called Powermatic in the U.S. They gave
me four phone numbers in the GTA of Powermatic dealers and they all
responded "huh?" or "whatamatic?".
If anyone knows where to but good machine tools like these please let
me know.
Thanks a million.

I've found Powermatic to be hard to obtain in Canada.

I know the Sawstop can be ordered from "House of Tools", which is a
Canadian company but they only have stores in the three western provinces.

Sawstop lists "Federated Tool Supply" in London, and "Normand
Woodworking Machinery, Inc." in Mississauga as their Ontario dealers.

You might try asking Rob Lee from Lee Valley Tools where he got his
Sawstop machines...

Chris
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 19, 12:09 pm, Chris Friesen wrote:
[snipped for brevity]

Sawstop lists "Federated Tool Supply" in London, and "Normand
Woodworking Machinery, Inc." in Mississauga as their Ontario dealers.

Both are excellent suppliers. Normand a bit more towards the big guns.

Speaking of 'big guns', David Eisan, a Wrecker from way back, is the
top-dog at Federated.
If you want a great saw, don't exclude General and MiniMax...superb
products.

You might try asking Rob Lee from Lee Valley Tools where he got his
Sawstop machines...

Yup... he's a great source of info.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Federated Tool Supply in London got me my Powermatic PM15. Give David Eisan
a call and see what he can do for you.

P.S. Leave your extra money at home when you get the mahine I can't leave
Federated Tools without spending a few hundred.

"Robatoy" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 19, 12:09 pm, Chris Friesen wrote:
[snipped for brevity]

Sawstop lists "Federated Tool Supply" in London, and "Normand
Woodworking Machinery, Inc." in Mississauga as their Ontario dealers.

Both are excellent suppliers. Normand a bit more towards the big guns.

Speaking of 'big guns', David Eisan, a Wrecker from way back, is the
top-dog at Federated.
If you want a great saw, don't exclude General and MiniMax...superb
products.

You might try asking Rob Lee from Lee Valley Tools where he got his
Sawstop machines...

Yup... he's a great source of info.

Posted to rec.woodworking

heartsap wrote:
I am in the market for a 10" cabinet saw. I read the reviews in Fine
Woodworking and they gave the "thumbs up" to the Powermatic PM2000 and
the StopSaw.

Since you're in Canada, have you considered General?

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

David F. Eisan wrote:
Oh yah, I can get you a What-O-Matic 2000 ...

Posted to rec.woodworking

Hello there,

Speaking of 'big guns', David Eisan, a Wrecker from way back, is the
top-dog at Federated.
If you want a great saw, don't exclude General and MiniMax...superb
products.

Federated Tool Supply in London got me my Powermatic PM15. Give David
Eisan a call and see what he can do for you.

P.S. Leave your extra money at home when you get the mahine I can't leave
Federated Tools without spending a few hundred.

Stop in and see me at Federated anytime. We are across the street from
Fanshawe College on Oxford Street East in London.

I doubt you have been in a store like ours before, I just spent most of the
afternoon assembling a MiniMax Genius C26 combo machine for display. We have
Minimax sliders, Sawstop, General 350's, Unisaws, off shore saws and much,
much more on display and in stock.

David Eisan
Fed Tool Guy.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Oh yah, I can get you a What-O-Matic 2000 cabinet saw for you if you like as
well...

David.

need a Rep in the US/Canada [email protected] Home Ownership 1 March 30th 07 08:45 PM
Canada Day Arch Woodturning 4 July 2nd 06 04:44 AM
Anyone here in Canada?????? Rono Electronics Repair 6 August 22nd 05 04:54 PM
12" powermatic TS Andrew V Woodworking 14 May 20th 05 02:51 PM
powermatic 45 edward h matson Woodturning 0 August 29th 04 05:13 AM