Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Mule Accusquare Rip Fence

Anyone bought one recently? I know it received some "dings" for
it's deflection in the Wood review in 2004, but that was 3 years ago
and curious if they fixed it (yes, I will ask the manufacturer, but
they
are closed until Monday). Want to get a good fence for my Jet
Contractor's
saw and narrowed it to the Vega and the Mule.

Vega is out of stock at the moment, so it's the Mule or wait.

Also, I'd image the cutting capability is a preference and dependent
upon your shop space but I'm thinking the 25" or the 40" but NOT
the 50" (I can't afford that space in the shop). Any thoughts
on that.

I DAGS on this and the last comments were made about 2 yrs ago.

Thanks again!

MJ Wallace

Posted to rec.woodworking
ks ks is offline

I bought it last year, and returned it..
That front fence rail is aluminum and that is its weak point. Although it is
fairly stiff, it does flex and follows the imperfections of the front edge
of the table, thus throwing off the fence alignment.

wrote in message
s.com...
Anyone bought one recently? I know it received some "dings" for
it's deflection in the Wood review in 2004, but that was 3 years ago
and curious if they fixed it (yes, I will ask the manufacturer, but
they
are closed until Monday). Want to get a good fence for my Jet
Contractor's
saw and narrowed it to the Vega and the Mule.

Vega is out of stock at the moment, so it's the Mule or wait.

Also, I'd image the cutting capability is a preference and dependent
upon your shop space but I'm thinking the 25" or the 40" but NOT
the 50" (I can't afford that space in the shop). Any thoughts
on that.

I DAGS on this and the last comments were made about 2 yrs ago.

Thanks again!

MJ Wallace

Posted to rec.woodworking

"CW" wrote in message
ink.net...
Wait for the Vega. It's worth it.

Ditto on the Vega. I'm very happy with mine. Used it on a Jet
Contractor's saw and now on a Grizzly cabinet saw.
Cheers,
cc

Posted to rec.woodworking

I have had it on my Jet contractor's saw for a few years and love it.
Mike has been rock solid.

rip fence Dusty Woodworking 8 January 28th 05 01:32 PM
Rip Fence Alignment Glen Duff Woodworking 18 January 16th 05 08:28 AM
Rip Fence Alignment Glen Duff Woodworking 3 January 13th 05 06:32 PM
Vega fence or Accusquare? Ron R. Woodworking 9 December 13th 04 12:51 PM