Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Antique Power and Hand Tools

I don't want to SPAM the group but I found in a warehouse purchase a
number of drill moters, hand planes etc. Example is a circular saw I
put on Ebay link below. I just hate to trash tools with a history but
I have all the collectables I can store.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...6739&rd=1&rd=1
This saw was mfg when "Men were Men" net weight is about 20 lbs..not
your favorite framing saw but what engineering!! It is a survivor!
Let me know if there are any collectors in here.
Thanks
Posted to rec.woodworking

I have all the collectables I can store.http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...pagename=STRK%...
This saw was mfg when "Men were Men" net weight is about 20 lbs..not
your favorite framing saw but what engineering!! It is a survivor!
Let me know if there are any collectors in here.
Thanks

I'm not much of a collector, but I love looking at the old stuff, and
wish I had the cash to collect some of it.

If you're compiling a list for potential bidders to send emails to,
you can feel free to add me to it.

-Nathan

Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Thu, May 31, 2007, 5:04am (EDT-3) (N*Hurst) doth
sayeth:
I'm not much of a collector, but I love looking at the old stuff, and
wish I had the cash to collect some of it.
If you're compiling a list for potential bidders to send emails to, you
can feel free to add me to it.

Be careful what you ask for. The only tools I collect are ones I
can use. Got a few that could be considered antiques, but I use tem.

Got an old eggbeater drill off of eBay. The guy said t was in
excellent condition. Got the drill, and it looked about new. Except
the chuck was totally toasted. When I complained to the seller, he told
me it was excellent for a collection, becaus no one used them any moe.
He acted very surprised when I told him I wanted it to use. I did get a
refund, but feel it was probably sold to someone else later I later
found two "working" eggbeater drillls, in excellent condition, and for
less than the first guy charged.
You gotta be careful of guys selilng "collector" tools.

Some years back I sold an old plane, think it was a router plane.
I suppose it was/is old enough to be considered an antique, but totally
usable. I sold it to someone on here for a pretty low price, because I
figured it would be used, not "collected". If I'd thought he wanted it
for a collection I woudn't have sold it to him at even a higher price.
I will say tho, it's always nice to find an old tool for a $ or 2, and
stick it somewhere that it can be looked at, workable or not. But if
it's in good enough condition to do work properly, it'll get used. Let
me put it this way: If it's broke, I'm willing to put in a "collection"
for just looking at. If it's workable, and I can use it, I'm willing to
stick in a "collection", until I have occassion to use it. But, if it's
workable, and not something I will use, instead of keeping it in a
"collection", I'd rather sell it, for a decent price, to someone who
"will" use it. And, no, I do not have any tools I am willing to sell,
at this time.

JOAT
What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new
humiliations?
- Peter Egan

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 31 May 2007 15:42:26 -0400, (J T)
wrote:

Thu, May 31, 2007, 5:04am (EDT-3)
(N*Hurst) doth
sayeth:
[...]

Who would want a bright yellow eggbeater drill anyhow?? ;-)