Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Best final project for a woodworker ...

Browsing the Rockler catalog the other day, came across these plans.
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...&filter=casket
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...&filter=casket

"Not yet -- I'm not done building my final project !!! " :-)

--
Mikey aka "mr.gadget"

Posted to rec.woodworking

Make mine a Pine box.

I think every Catholic woodworker was probably very impressed by the
big dovetails on the Pope's outer box a few years back.

On May 27, 3:01 pm, "Mike Fields"
spam_me_not_mr.gadget2@comcastDOTnet wrote:
Browsing the Rockler catalog the other day, came across these plans.http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...&filter=casket

"Not yet -- I'm not done building my final project !!! " :-)

--
Mikey aka "mr.gadget"

Posted to rec.woodworking

Even some of us Methodist wood workers where
impressed with that "plain" wooden coffin.
Puff

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in
message
oups.com...
Make mine a Pine box.

I think every Catholic woodworker was probably
very impressed by the
big dovetails on the Pope's outer box a few
years back.

On May 27, 3:01 pm, "Mike Fields"
spam_me_not_mr.gadget2@comcastDOTnet wrote:
Browsing the Rockler catalog the other day,
came across these
plans.http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...&filter=casket

"Not yet -- I'm not done building my final
project !!! " :-)

--
Mikey aka "mr.gadget"

Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 27, 6:20 pm, "SonomaProducts.com" wrote:
Make mine a Pine box.

I think every Catholic woodworker was probably very impressed by the
big dovetails on the Pope's outer box a few years back.

When my father died back in December, we buried him in a cherry casket
from St. Meinrad Archabbey in Southern Indiana where I went to school:
http://www.abbeycaskets.com/caskets.asp

It was gorgeous and a lot classier than the tacky caskets most funeral
homes sell.

Dick Durbin
Tallahassee

Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 28, 8:19 am, Olebiker wrote:
On May 27, 6:20 pm, "SonomaProducts.com" wrote:

Make mine a Pine box.

I think every Catholic woodworker was probably very impressed by the
big dovetails on the Pope's outer box a few years back.

When my father died back in December, we buried him in a cherry casket
from St. Meinrad Archabbey in Southern Indiana where I went to school:http://www.abbeycaskets.com/caskets.asp

It was gorgeous and a lot classier than the tacky caskets most funeral
homes sell.

Dick Durbin
Tallahassee

Wow, Dick, that looks like a very repectable piece of work for $ 2K. I
wonder if they export.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Olebiker" wrote in message
:
http://www.abbeycaskets.com/caskets.asp

It was gorgeous and a lot classier than the tacky caskets most funeral
homes sell.

They are very nice, but not for me. I'd rather go in a cardboard box and let
my wife and friends party with the money saved. I just don't see the value
of putting an expensive box in the ground. I'm for cremation and no
viewing. If you want to see me, if you want me to have flowers, do it now,
not after I'm gone.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in
t:

"Olebiker" wrote in message
:
http://www.abbeycaskets.com/caskets.asp

It was gorgeous and a lot classier than the tacky caskets most
funeral homes sell.

They are very nice, but not for me. I'd rather go in a cardboard box
and let my wife and friends party with the money saved. I just don't
see the value of putting an expensive box in the ground. I'm for
cremation and no viewing. If you want to see me, if you want me to
have flowers, do it now, not after I'm gone.

I'm with Edwin, with one proviso. If there are any usable parts left when
I die, please re-use them as best as possible. Then dispose of my remains
so that nothing is left behind, as cheaply as possible.

--
Best regards
Han

Posted to rec.woodworking

Seems kind of morbid to me but I guess its not to everyone. I have a cousin
who built very nice caskets for his wife and himself a few years ago.
Beautiful but not quite as elaborate as some of the mortuary boxes. To him
it was a challenging project with a defined purpose. They are stored in the
attic storage of his workshop building.

RonB

"Mike Fields" spam_me_not_mr.gadget2@comcastDOTnet wrote in message
. ..
Browsing the Rockler catalog the other day, came across these plans.
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...&filter=casket
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...&filter=casket

"Not yet -- I'm not done building my final project !!! " :-)

--
Mikey aka "mr.gadget"

Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 28, 10:25 am, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"Olebiker" wrote in message
:
http://www.abbeycaskets.com/caskets.asp

It was gorgeous and a lot classier than the tacky caskets most funeral
homes sell.

They are very nice, but not for me. I'd rather go in a cardboard box and let
my wife and friends party with the money saved. I just don't see the value
of putting an expensive box in the ground. I'm for cremation and no
viewing. If you want to see me, if you want me to have flowers, do it now,
not after I'm gone.

I'm opting for a post-hole digger. Bury me vertically, I'll take up
less space.
Just a hole, cover me up with a lid from a garbage can.

But the casket lobby made rules......

Posted to rec.woodworking

RonB wrote:
Seems kind of morbid to me but I guess its not to everyone. I have a
cousin who built very nice caskets for his wife and himself a few
years ago. Beautiful but not quite as elaborate as some of the
mortuary boxes. To him it was a challenging project with a defined
purpose. They are stored in the attic storage of his workshop
building.
RonB

My wife's uncle had built his own...He took great delight in showing his
final resting place....until needed they used it for blanket storage. Rod

Posted to rec.woodworking

Somebody wrote:

If you want to see me, if you want me to have flowers, do it now,
not after I'm gone.

Those were also my father's sentiments.

Robatoy wrote:

I'm opting for a post-hole digger. Bury me vertically, I'll take up
less space.
Just a hole, cover me up with a lid from a garbage can.

My mother had to put her 2nd husband in a nursing home.

When I went to visit, it was early evening, the lights were low, and
people were around a large room, sitting in wheelchairs.

My immediate thought was, "My God, this is a warehouse for people
waiting to die."

When I got home, sat at the kitchen table and drank a bottle of wine,
very unusual for me, and thought, "When my time comes, take me to my
boat, give me a bottle of Scotch, a bottle of Drambuie, and a bag of ice."

"Install a water soluble seacock, rig the sails, set the autopilot, and
cast me off."

Hopefully, I won't remember unkind things.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 28 May 2007 10:25:02 -0400, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:
I'm for cremation and no
viewing. If you want to see me, if you want me to have flowers, do it now,
not after I'm gone.

That's my plan...
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 28 May 2007 09:55:47 -0700, Robatoy wrote:

I'm opting for a post-hole digger. Bury me vertically, I'll take up
less space.
Just a hole, cover me up with a lid from a garbage can.

I think they actually do that in NYC.
Posted to rec.woodworking

I'm not too big on the "final project idea, but, as a blacksmith, I just
attended a 3 day grave marker workshop.

Pete Stanaitis
-------------------------

Mike Fields wrote:
Browsing the Rockler catalog the other day, came across these plans.
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...&filter=casket
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...&filter=casket

"Not yet -- I'm not done building my final project !!! " :-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Not yet -- I'm not done building my final project !!! "

My buddy decoy carver, the late and talented Harry Waite, carved a
hollow canvasback drake with a plug in the bottom. His wife put his
ashes in this floating casket and put it in the headwaters of the
Chesapeake Bay. A couple found the decoy with the description of the
contents and donated it to the museum at St. Michaels, MD. Here's a
link to a PDF of their newsletter with a photo of Harry's fantastic
carving on the last page.

www.cbmm.org/mag_fall04.pdf

I understand that some dip**** state regulations forbade the display
of something with human remains, so the decoy is no longer on exhibit.

Joel Jacobson

wanted, project for a young woodworker Mekon Woodworking 9 December 13th 06 06:23 PM
Final cut Woodborg Woodturning 4 October 7th 06 03:49 AM
Final Sanding Connor Aston Woodworking 19 January 6th 06 07:12 PM
Final cooker calculation BigWallop UK diy 2 July 2nd 05 11:02 PM
TS Final Desicion Woodchuck34 Woodworking 7 March 27th 05 03:59 PM