Posted to rec.woodworking
Cal Cal is offline

Default REQ: Plans for Adirondack Chairs?

Thanks in advance...
Posted to rec.woodworking

Cal wrote:
Thanks in advance...

You're welcome.
Plans for these are pretty rare, and have probably never been discussed
on this NG before. You might try this link though:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...&btn G=Search
Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 11, 11:27 am, Cal wrote:
Thanks in advance...

The upcoming issue of Woodcraft magazine contains an article about
building what looks like the Adirondack chair from the New Yankee
Workshop. It's a very popular and very comfortable design.

If you are fairly new here you will find that every time you ask a
question, someone will jump your case because you haven't done a
Google search. Don't let them get you down; ask anyway.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Cal Cal is offline

Well, thanks for the tip about the upcoming plans... And I am new
here (howdja guess... lol) but I've Googled 'em and went through I
think the first four search pages. Found plenty of plans, all
starting about $15.95 THANKS for the reply!

On 11 May 2007 11:29:09 -0700, Olebiker wrote:

On May 11, 11:27 am, Cal wrote:
Thanks in advance...

The upcoming issue of Woodcraft magazine contains an article about
building what looks like the Adirondack chair from the New Yankee
Workshop. It's a very popular and very comfortable design.

If you are fairly new here you will find that every time you ask a
question, someone will jump your case because you haven't done a
Google search. Don't let them get you down; ask anyway.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Cal Cal is offline

Been there, done that. Hoping to find some a "little cheaper".
Thanks, anyhow...

On Fri, 11 May 2007 11:33:04 -0400, Russ
wrote:

Cal wrote:
Thanks in advance...

You're welcome.
Plans for these are pretty rare, and have probably never been discussed
on this NG before. You might try this link though:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...&btn G=Search

Posted to rec.woodworking

Cal wrote:
Well, thanks for the tip about the upcoming plans... And I am new
here (howdja guess... lol) but I've Googled 'em and went through I
think the first four search pages. Found plenty of plans, all
starting about $15.95 THANKS for the reply!

See the bottom of the following page:

http://www.the-landscape-design-site...ackchairs.html

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 11, 11:27 am, Cal wrote:
Thanks in advance...

I bought a plan from Lee Valley 20 years ago. I built a few
Adirondaks..and they're still in service today.

That was the best 15 bucks I spent...

Try it... it doesn't hurt that much.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 11, 9:27 am, Cal wrote:
Thanks in advance...

Try the library. I remember seeing some plans in a New Yankee
Workshop book.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I have some sites linked from my woodworking links page:
http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~flip/plans.html
look under the outdoor furniture section.

I havn't played around with this for a while... one of these days
I'll stick them in a database and make it a little easier to submit/maintain.
right now, it's little more than a list of links.

--
flip
Just on the border of your waking mind, There lies - Another time,

Posted to rec.woodworking
Roy Roy is offline

On Fri, 11 May 2007 11:27:02 -0400, Cal wrote:

Thanks in advance...

Google "Jakes Chair"

Regards,
Roy
Posted to rec.woodworking

Cal wrote:
Well, thanks for the tip about the upcoming plans... And I am new
here (howdja guess... lol) but I've Googled 'em and went through I
think the first four search pages. Found plenty of plans, all
starting about $15.95 THANKS for the reply!

This one is 10.95:
http://www.newyankee.com/getproduct3.cgi?202

Use the $5 to buy yourself something nice...:-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 16 May 2007 13:41:51 +0200, name wrote:

,;Cal wrote:
,; Well, thanks for the tip about the upcoming plans... And I am new
,; here (howdja guess... lol) but I've Googled 'em and went through I
,; think the first four search pages. Found plenty of plans, all
,; starting about $15.95 THANKS for the reply!
,;
,;This one is 10.95:
,;http://www.newyankee.com/getproduct3.cgi?202
,;
,;Use the $5 to buy yourself something nice...:-)

Better yet build "Jakes Chair"

It is an improvement on the Adirondack Chair and the plans are FREE.

Try google for jakes chair

This is one of several hits

http://www.internetwoodworking.com/w5/chair.html

Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 16, 6:13 pm, Unknown wrote:

Better yet build "Jakes Chair"
It is an improvement on the Adirondack Chair and the plans are FREE.
Try google for jakes chair
This is one of several hits
http://www.internetwoodworking.com/w5/chair.html

I have seen the plans for Jakes Chair for years and, to my eye, it is
butt ugly compared to Norm's chair.